Which version of iPhone 6 would you get if it got two sizes?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Rumors have been really saying there will be the regular 4 inch and the nearing 5 inch phone planned for the next edition of the iPhone...

Which would you go for then?

Personally, I'm going for the 4 inch because I just like the size of my 5S. No reason to change that comfort food for me...

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
On of the rumours i've heard, amongst many others, is of a 4.7" screen. That being the case, I would go for that. I don't want another 4" iPhone.

I'd be slightly more reticent if the screen was larger than that and at the moment I feel that 5" is just bordering on the absolute limit for me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Acouple of weeks ago I would have probably said the smaller version, but now after having purchased the HUGE Galaxy Note3, and how easy on the eyes it is, I'm going with the larger iPhone (6) if this is indeed true. I like the iOS platform and its ease of use. I will always have some sort of iPhone....."IT JUST WORKS"

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
If the 2 sizes are 4" and 5" I'll get the 5". If the 2 sizes are 4.7 and 5.5 I'll get the 4.7

I've used a Note 3 and a Nokia 1520 over the past few months and I am now totally over the phablet. They are just too big. I really like the 1520 but at 209 grams it weighs almost as much as 2 iPhones. I wear nike workout shorts a lot and something that heavy in your front pocket is too much.

Sent from my white 5s

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
You put it much more eloquently than I did.

I'm with you totally on your choices.

An iPhone somewhere between 4.7 and 5.0 would be perfect, especially if they shrink the side bezels down like on the LG G2. I want as much screen as possible in a small package. .

Sent from my white 5s

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Assuming all other specs are the same, I'll most likely get the largest size available, even if Apple produces a phablet. I find myself using my iPhone less & less for actual calls, so holding a 5" + sized device to my ear won't be/seem/look that weird. For me the big win is more display real estate for reading email, viewing pics, web pages, playing games, yada yada.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Assuming all other specs are the same, I'll most likely get the largest size available, even if Apple produces a phablet. I find myself using my iPhone less & less for actual calls, so holding a 5" + sized device to my ear won't be/seem/look that weird. For me the big win is more display real estate for reading email, viewing pics, web pages, playing games, yada yada.

Have you ever owned a phablet?

Sent from my white 5s

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Have you ever owned a phablet?

Sent from my white 5s
Nope, but I've had my iPhone and an iPad at the same time (in addition to my MacBook). I like the screen/display size of a tablet but portability of a phone. The biggest gripes I read about phablets are 1) hard to carry and 2) they look weird being held/used as a phone.

I'm no skinny-jeans wearing hipster, just a guy who still wears cargo shorts and "regular" pants, so portability shouldn't be a problem. A bigger screen iOS device is what I crave, so I'm willing to make the tradeoff, especially if we're talking about anything up to a 5.1" - 5.5" device.

If 4.7" is as big as the iPhone goes I'll be happy with that, but I'd also strongly/happily consider a bigger form factor too.

Just my $0.02.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, but I've had my iPhone and an iPad at the same time (in addition to my MacBook). I like the screen/display size of a tablet but portability of a phone. The biggest gripes I read about phablets are 1) hard to carry and 2) they look weird being held/used as a phone.

I'm no skinny-jeans wearing hipster, just a guy who still wears cargo shorts and "regular" pants, so portability shouldn't be a problem. A bigger screen iOS device is what I crave, so I'm willing to make the tradeoff, especially if we're talking about anything up to a 5.1" - 5.5" device.

If 4.7" is as big as the iPhone goes I'll be happy with that, but I'd also strongly/happily consider a bigger form factor too.

Just my $0.02.

This sounds like me (except for the MacBook). I have been doing more reading on my iPad miniR due to the increased size and my...older eyes. Generally, I like iOS (not withstanding the battery problems I continue to have with my IP5) and if there is a bigger one I will snatch it up, whether that be 4.7" or something a little bigger. I usually use a BT earpiece anyway so I would not be holding the thing up to the side of my head that often.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
If the iPhone 6 launches in 2 sizes I'll likely get one of each. Sometimes I want a discreet phone sometimes a phablet would be nice.

{iRiidium} Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Just my $0.02.

These were my thoughts exactly...

Until I bought a Galaxy Note 3. Notwithstanding the flaky nature of the OS, the device is just that bit too big. I'm no skinny jeans wearer either, favouring combats over anything else. Still the device is huge in any pocket short of cargo pants, combat or a large jacket pocket.

That's why if there are two sizes available for the new iPhone, I shall go with the smaller one, as long as it's round about 4.7" or so.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
These were my thoughts exactly...

Until I bought a Galaxy Note 3. Notwithstanding the flaky nature of the OS, the device is just that bit too big. I'm no skinny jeans wearer either, favouring combats over anything else. Still the device is huge in any pocket short of cargo pants, combat or a large jacket pocket.

That's why if there are two sizes available for the new iPhone, I shall go with the smaller one, as long as it's round about 4.7" or so.

Interesting feedback, and I for one appreciate your comments.

I've been a dedicated iOS user since my iPhone 3GS and MacBook, and I haven't ever considered jumping to Android. I had to swap my SIM card earlier this year, and while waiting at the AT&T store looked at the other offerings. I particularly liked the HTC One for the size (4.7") and build quality. So, I know for sure that I could live with a 4.7" iPhone. If Apple does indeed offer something bigger, I'll definitely get some hands-on with something of a similar size before committing.

Especially as you say that the Note 3 is too big for cargo pants or a large jacket pocket, a potential phablet-sized iOS device might end up being too big for me. I - like every one else - will just have to wait and see what Apple offers up come Fall, but I'm excited about the possibilities even if 4.7" is the biggest form factor.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Interesting feedback, and I for one appreciate your comments.

I've been a dedicated iOS user since my iPhone 3GS and MacBook, and I haven't ever considered jumping to Android. I had to swap my SIM card earlier this year, and while waiting at the AT&T store looked at the other offerings. I particularly liked the HTC One for the size (4.7") and build quality. So, I know for sure that I could live with a 4.7" iPhone. If Apple does indeed offer something bigger, I'll definitely get some hands-on with something of a similar size before committing.

Especially as you say that the Note 3 is too big for cargo pants or a large jacket pocket, a potential phablet-sized iOS device might end up being too big for me. I - like every one else - will just have to wait and see what Apple offers up come Fall, but I'm excited about the possibilities even if 4.7" is the biggest form factor.

I've owned every iPhone since the beginning, except the 4s (not enough of a step up for me) and 5s (the shortages stopped me from getting one whilst I was in the USA and I refuse to pay the equivalent of $75 more in the UK for the 16Gig than the 64Gig would cost in the States) and I currently have an iPhone 5, an HTC One and a Note 3. The Note 3 is just about big enough for cargo pants or a jacket, sorry if my statement was misleading. You do need very large pockets though, especially if you want to put a case on that!

The HTC One is about as perfect a screen size as it can get and if Apple produce a phone with a screen size approximate to that then I am sold. I hope they can fit it into a smaller body than the HTC One though if they reduce the size of the bezels.

The Note 3 is definitely too big and to be honest, Samsung just doesn't really do it for me. I went to the larger screen as I needed it for work but again, I would much rather use a larger screened iPhone as it 'just works' unlike my Samsung which requires factory resets every couple of months to iron out the glitches that seem to worm their way in with alarming regularity. The HTC has been perfect so far apart from the stupid curved back which makes typing whilst it is laying on a flat surface completely impossible. The HTC certainly feels way more premium than the Samsung but not as premium as the iPhone.

Personally, I am holding out for a circa 4.7" screen iPhone. If they release a larger device then I would still go for the 4.7" one unless they decided to put different and possibly slightly sub-optimal components in the smaller one, compared to the larger one.

Over on AndroidForums.com, where I also hang out (being both an iSheep and a Phandroid, I clearly argue with myself constantly) they love the Note 3 and for the most part people are extolling the virtues of the larger device.

So it really is horses for courses. As long as you have big pockets and can live with holding and using a device with a screen size of around 5.5" then you'll be fine.

Still, we don't yet know what Apple are planning exactly and all the speculation and rumours could be for naught (although as they say, there is no smoke without fire). You'll probably do what I will and check them both out in store before shelling out yor hard earned anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2