If the next iPhone did not have a bigger screen. How would you feel?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, only the 5"+ hav'n folks seem to think 5"+ is normal. A 4.8" iPhone would indeed be nice.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

At this point, making two different sizes is the only way Apple will please just about everyone. If the next device is only offered in a size bigger than 4.5, it's likely that I won't upgrade. That or I'll get a 5s...

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
At this point, making two different sizes is the only way Apple will please just about everyone. If the next device is only offered in a size bigger than 4.5, it's likely that I won't upgrade. That or I'll get a 5s...

I like the idea of 3 sizes:

iPhone Nano : 3-3.5" (>= 326 ppi)
iPhone 6/c : 4" (>= 326 ppi
iPhone Pro : 4.8-5" (>= 326 ppi)

I bothered to list ppi because I don't want a 5" iPhone Pro with a <= 264 ppi screen.

It's entertaining to speculate.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'd be a little disappointed. I've been getting used to the idea of a bigger screen. I wont be upgrading until the 6s anyway but if they don't do a bigger screen for the 6 then they probably wouldn't for the 6s. I understand that waiting until they can do a proper bigger screen is best. It still doesn't stop my disappointment. Though the idea of a bigger screen made of Sapphire is VERY appealing. In all I'll wait till they announce it. Misdirection is a major tool in Apple's toolbox.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am interested to see how Apple will do a bigger phone, but I am not unhappy with the current size. I have had much bigger phones and I really appreciate the size of the iPhone now. I will say that after using the Moto X that I think a bigger screen can be done on an iPhone without making the phone huge. I can't wait to see what they do.

Sent using Tapatalk

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I would continue to not have an iPhone. I have /had iPad, iPad 4, now the retina mini, ATV, iMac, and numerous iPod Nanos. Initially when I decided to get a smart phone, I went with a BB because of the way iOS handles email attachments. Now I don't care. I currently use a device with a 4.8" 1080P LCD 3 screen. (Whatever LCD 3 means). It's geourgous. I would like to use an iPhone, but I refuse to give up my screen. I've even looked at the Nokia 1520, but I am hoping for an iPhone.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am interested to see how Apple will do a bigger phone, but I am not unhappy with the current size. I have had much bigger phones and I really appreciate the size of the iPhone now. I will say that after using the Moto X that I think a bigger screen can be done on an iPhone without making the phone huge. I can't wait to see what they do.

Sent using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same exact thing. Coming from a Moto X back to a 5, it's a marvel how Motorola was able to stuff a 4.7" screen in roughly the same footprint at the iPhone 5/5c/5s. But, if it remains a 4" screen with the upcoming release I'll be fine with as well!

eagle865

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an iphone 4s and have resisted upgrading so far in hope of something bigger than 4 inches. If the next iphone keeps the same screen size, I will be purchasing an android phone. I am using my iphone less and less because I get frustrated using such a small screen

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I still don't understand the bigger phone theory that's why they have tablets

Carrying around a 5inch iPhone in the heat of the summer is a non starter

Oh make a bigger iPhone because other makers have them now if they do it for a reason which I can't seem to figure out well then so be it either way people are gonna complain and then the size wars will begin

I'm not gonna say for certain I won't buy one but it's highly unlikely

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I currently have an iphone 4s and have resisted upgrading so far in hope of something bigger than 4 inches. If the next iphone keeps the same screen size, I will be purchasing an android phone. I am using my iphone less and less because I get frustrated using such a small screen

Ever consider getting a tablet?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not against a bigger phone if Apple goes that way but, I'm good with the current size. I see my friends with S4's and the never have them in their pocket.
I can't wait to see what Apple comes up with.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with the current screen size. I hope apple doesn't get caught up in the android phablet trend.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with the current screen size. I hope apple doesn't get caught up in the android phablet trend.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I think if they offer more than one size iPhone it would be just great.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's quite convenient for one-handed use.

A larger screen would be too, at least for me. I can type on a Note with one hand. Just comparing our small size to that. I'm not at all saying that the iphone should be that ridiculous in size or even close to it. Lol

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy s4 is the first time that I have used a 5inch display with a single hand, so I think the game has changed for me. I'm not saying the iPhone is too small for me, but I'm just spoiled for the big screen that I use day in day out on this phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy s4 is the first time that I have used a 5inch display with a single hand, so I think the game has changed for me. I'm not saying the iPhone is too small for me, but I'm just spoiled for the big screen that I use day in day out on this phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I went from a 5 to Note II and every phone I used between that and coming back to a 5 was smaller than the one before it. Lol For me, the current size of the iPhone is ok fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I used to think that my EVO 3D screen was huge at 4.3. I would be comfortable with a iPhone at that screen size.