iPhone 6... should it be bigger than a 5" display?

If Apple goes bigger on the iPhone 6, how much bigger do you think they should go on the display?

• 4.5"

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • 5"

Votes: 51 45.5%
  • 5.5"

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 6"

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Had a BlackBerry Z30 and 5 inches was fine for me. Some people will find it too big cause they lose the one handed ability. However, you can just about double your battery life which is huge.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see between a 4.7 and 5.0 screen size from edge to edge as not to increase the actual size of the iphone that much.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, iPhone/Apple fans are the only ones that consider the "screen size question" a call to arms, and I'm not sure why. You weathered the jump from 3.5" - 4"; surely you can handle a further half inch increase. There is quite a bit of wasted space with side bezels - remove those and you have a phone with more real estate and is still pocketable. Win/win.

I agree. It seems they are so against everything until apple does it then it is the best thing since sliced bread. The adjustment isn't that hard going from the current iPhone size to 5". If they don't want to go that large a jump, a 4.7" screen could easily be done without making the phone much larger. Look at the moto x that is a perfect example. People are against it, but they would be the first in line waiting for it once apple comes up with that larger screen size, and won't know how they made it with a smaller screened device. Plus if apple removed the home button, or made it capacative, they could save a lot of space that way as well.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Would love a bigger screen. 4" is too small for watching video or browsing the web. Needs to be a least 5". Going to 4.5" wouldn't even be noticeable, like when they moved from 3.5" to 4".

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I doubt so, given Apple's almost infamous hesitation to go up to 4 inches. My guess is they will hit 4.5 and that's as far as they will go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Would love a bigger screen. 4" is too small for watching video or browsing the web. Needs to be a least 5". Going to 4.5" wouldn't even be noticeable, like when they moved from 3.5" to 4".

Idk... I had a gs2 that was 4.5 and I definitely noticed the difference when moving to the iphone. It's the ONLY thing I miss from that phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To me, it is really superfluous to do a bigger screen but struggle on the battery life front. I would rather they keep it at 4 inches till battery life gets to the point of exceptional, while figuring out how to get that optimal mix of screen resolution and battery life for a device below 5 inches but above 4 inches.

No point going above five inches if they aren't really progressing below that...I don't really want to see an iPhone and iPad basically looking alike...

With that in mind, it's harder to make a device like that while staying true to the usual iPhone design structures.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
To me, it is really superfluous to do a bigger screen but struggle on the battery life front. I would rather they keep it at 4 inches till battery life gets to the point of exceptional, while figuring out how to get that optimal mix of screen resolution and battery life for a device below 5 inches but above 4 inches.

No point going above five inches if they aren't really progressing below that...I don't really want to see an iPhone and iPad basically looking alike...

With that in mind, it's harder to make a device like that while staying true to the usual iPhone design structures.

True. And with this strange propensity to go thinner, it seems like cellphone manufacturers are shooting themselves in the feet. It would make more sense to keep the same thickness of device, with a larger screen and correspondingly larger form factor which would therefore also allow the incorporation of a larger battery.

MarkDallton

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't want a massive screen size like some of the Android screen sizes which are just absurd but any kind of increase on what we have would be very welcome.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77