New to iphone 6+

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to post my take on the iphone. I was a blackberry and android user since 2009, finally decided to try out an iphone. I got the 6+ a little over a month ago. So far, I really like it a lot.

1) Battery- What are some talking about? Man, mine lasts forever! I use it the same as I did my other phones, and after 48 hours, I usually still have 40-50% left. This way outlasts my Note 4 and matches my Blackberry Z30 which was touted for it's great battery life. So this a great!

2) Stability - this is the big thing, man, this phone just works right, all the time. My Androids were so fricken flakey, super versatile, but man, drive a person nuts with their nutty behavior.

3) Phone itself - Zero dropped calls, great sound quality

4) Cool stuff - Man, I love imessage, love facetime, love siri (finally a voice command setup that actually works right! Nice!)

5) App selection of course outstanding and they all work right.

6) The only bad thing, freaken itunes. OMG, who wrote this program??? It's the most ridiculously over complicated, impossible to navigate piece of ......ahem..."software" I've ever used! Sheesh, 1/2 the time your clicking around, finally get to where you need to be and have no idea how you did it or how to do it again. Took me an hour to find the Summary screen to set syncing to manual. Trying to make a ring tone, my God! I was used to just drag or save an MP3 to the ringtone folder and use it. I gave up on making my own. Way too much a hassle.

But, since I don't use itunes much, it's a small factor over-all. For anyone considering an iphone, there are no worries on the phone functions, it works awesome! Very happy I made the switch!

Cheers guys and thanks to all who answered my pre-purchase questions a couple months ago.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I just switched to an 6+ from a note 4. The 6+ is a wonderful device. I even went out and got an iPad to replace my galaxy tab. So far I'm really enjoying both. And you are right. The battery life is awesome. So far no regrets.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Cool, I started with an ipad (it's an ipad2, ugh, sooo slow, need to upgrade it!) but cool someone else took the same path, note 4 to 6+ :)

turbodave38

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to post my take on the iphone. I was a blackberry and android user since 2009, finally decided to try out an iphone. I got the 6+ a little over a month ago. So far, I really like it a lot.

1) Battery- What are some talking about? Man, mine lasts forever! I use it the same as I did my other phones, and after 48 hours, I usually still have 40-50% left. This way outlasts my Note 4 and matches my Blackberry Z30 which was touted for it's great battery life. So this a great!

2) Stability - this is the big thing, man, this phone just works right, all the time. My Androids were so fricken flakey, super versatile, but man, drive a person nuts with their nutty behavior.

3) Phone itself - Zero dropped calls, great sound quality

4) Cool stuff - Man, I love imessage, love facetime, love siri (finally a voice command setup that actually works right! Nice!)

5) App selection of course outstanding and they all work right.

6) The only bad thing, freaken itunes. OMG, who wrote this program??? It's the most ridiculously over complicated, impossible to navigate piece of ......ahem..."software" I've ever used! Sheesh, 1/2 the time your clicking around, finally get to where you need to be and have no idea how you did it or how to do it again. Took me an hour to find the Summary screen to set syncing to manual. Trying to make a ring tone, my God! I was used to just drag or save an MP3 to the ringtone folder and use it. I gave up on making my own. Way too much a hassle.

But, since I don't use itunes much, it's a small factor over-all. For anyone considering an iphone, there are no worries on the phone functions, it works awesome! Very happy I made the switch!

Cheers guys and thanks to all who answered my pre-purchase questions a couple months ago.

As an ex android user myself, I totally agree with all your points!! Especially about the Itunes software. HORRIBLE! Luckilly I don't use it much at all.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Me too, thaks goodness I don't have to use it.
I just wish apple would alter things so we could just download a freaken ringtone. I know, they want us to pay 1.29 per ringtone from the itunes store, no way man~! :)

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the OP that iTunes on the computer is getting to be a over complicated mess each and every year.

They don't make it obvious to new users that to see what's on the phone or iPad, you have to click on the iPhone/ipad icon a the top of the screen.
The Music app on the phone is even becoming complicated with the addition of Apple Music.

I have my phones jailbroken and added an app called Aria2 that allows me to hide any tab at the bottom of the music app including Apple Music.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Backups -> iCloud
Songs -> iTunes Match

though obviously not on an iPod classic

:)

Haven't had to sync my phone in ages. Feels liberating! ;)

I've been an iTunes Match subscriber since the beta days and I am not renewing my subscription next month. Why?

iTunes Match has made a mess of my music library for the last time, I've had enough. I spent an entire night going through my 13,000+ songs to remove the countless duplicates that it somehow replicated over and over. There were some songs that had nearly 20 copies. I have no idea how all these copies got into my music library. The only thing I could think of was that they got transferred from my iPhone/iPad every time I synced and yet iTunes could not tell that they were already there.

Then, there was the mixed up albums. Led Zeppelin IV had songs from Kiss mixed in and hundreds of other albums were also mixed up.

Then, there was the mixed up album artwork. How did Alanis Morissettes Jagged Little Pill artwork end up on the Metallica And Justice for All album?

Never again will I use iTunes Match. I still have my Mac Mini to go through with all those same songs to remove the duplicates. I haven't done it yet because it's gonna take about 5-6 hrs to do.

Also, as far as backups go, I will not trust iCloud to make backups. It could not restore my iPad backup when I got a new iPad. I had to start new. This is why I make backups to my computer. They have never failed me.

Apple does a lot of things right but myself and many others know they suck at doing the Cloud stuff. Remember Mobile Me?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I do remember Mobile Me :)

As for the other issues, I have had a few hiccups with iTunes Match but not to that extent. I don't keep all my music on my phone so it's nice to be able to pull a song or two down when I get the urge to listen. Not quite sure how the iCloud Music Library is different yet -- that all seems to be a bit muddy at this point (but I haven't read much about it). It may make Match unnecessary. I had originally subscribed to get all AAC files for my ripped CDs as I had them saved as MP3.

For your duplicate issue, did you use the info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201812 I can imagine it might still be time consuming depending on how many there are.

As for iCloud, no issues there either, though it's not as muddy to me as iTunes Match/iCloud Music Library. I've been able to backup, restore, etc., each time I needed to but there's always the chance with any file (cloud or local) that it could be corrupt.

dakid2k6

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Review is truly on point. I myself took a similar route to iPhone 6 plus. I had note 4 got a nexus 6 still love that phone and now iPhone 6 plus.
Every point you mention I agree on. So far so good there are a few other issues I have with the iPhone but there so minor its nothing compared to the positives.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never had an issue with iTunes Match or iTunes. It's nowhere near the worst software either - I still suffer PTSD from BB Desktop Manager and Samsung kies.

But then I have no issue with Apple Music and find it incredibly intuitive so maybe it's just me. *shrug*

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I also love my iPhone but hate iTunes with a passion.

I use a third party solution if I need to move stuff onto or off my phone. there's plenty about to choose from and the vast majority of them are easier to navigate than iTunes (in my opinion, of course.)

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I also love my iPhone but hate iTunes with a passion.

I use a third party solution if I need to move stuff onto or off my phone. there's plenty about to choose from and the vast majority of them are easier to navigate than iTunes (in my opinion, of course.)

Thanks everyone, this is easily the best phone I've had, over many androids and blackberries. It just 'works' right!

Hey, really? There are other options to move from PC to phone? Are they PC programs? What do you use?

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
i brought note 4 on launch. After few months sold it abd get 6+. this year. my brother did the same to his note 4 too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost