Ford Sync and Notification Sounds

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Recently I have noticed that when my phone is connected to my Sync system in my car that my phone no longer makes notifications for texts and emails. Is this something new or did I turn something on or off that disabled this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some cars are like that. Maybe they view it as a safety issue or something. Anyway, some workarounds is to play a video for a few seconds on your iPhone while it's connected to your car via Bluetooth. Afterwards, have someone send you a text message to see if you'll hear the notifications over your car's speakers.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
All I drive are fords, my current vehicle is a 2015 F250. All my trucks for the last 5 plus years have had the sync. You can not get notifications on sync. I miss text and emails all the time. Only the phone rings because it's through the bluetooth in the radio but no other. There is no work around that I have found for years. I Don't use any of the sync features except the bluetooth phone calls through the radio. So I have replaced the factory radio with a Pioneer AVH-X2700BS. All my steering wheel controls still work with the wire harness they have for different vehicles to keep factory buttons working. It has a better mic and sounds 10 times better plus has the iPhone link so my screen is like my phone, I can use my maps for GPS plus all kinds of other apps. The blue tooth works much better and I can hear all my notifications plus usb in the front and it plays DVD's. Only fix I know of is to swap out the radio. If you have the high end radio system it cost a little more because there is more wiring. I hope this helps!

Last edited:

turbodave38

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it. I have no issues getting text alerts through sync from my iPhone 6+

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
That is interesting; my phone used to make notification sounds up until about 3 weeks ago and they suddenly stopped. I have no idea why. It would be nice for the phone to make the sounds like it did before.

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I turned my sync on in my car and said to use bluetooth audio and Pandora started playing. Is it possible that it thinks Pandora is playing and therefore my text tones don't come out of my phone speaker? Anyway to disable this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2