New to IOS w/questions about Calendar Notifications and Music

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I've had this 6 plus for less than a week and overall very happy with it. But, there are a couple of issues that have shown up in the last day or so. I have an appointment set for this afternoon and when the notification went off it showed up on my lock screen but when I unlocked the phone it disappeared. With my S6 it would be showing on my notification bar at the top of the screen as a reminder and I have a calendar widget which would have all appointments for today highlighted. Is there anything comparable for this iPhone 6 plus?

The other small issue is the Music app. I use a third party app on my S6 and when I pick an artist it will show all the albums I have loaded for them and will offer to play "All Songs" or I can select one album. When I selected an artist yesterday using Music it showed three albums but did not offer to play all songs, I had to select a single album. If I have a long drive I will select multiple albums so that I don't have to be messing with the phone while driving. Can this be done with Music, or if not, is there an app that will offer more choices in music selection?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
For Calendar you can swipe down from the top of the screen to pull down your notification center and there will be a widget for your calendar appointments. Apple changed the way you shuffle all songs for a particular artist, to do so now all you have to do is simply tap the album art icon when scrolling through your list of artists.