Thinking about going from Note 4 to iPhone 6 Plus

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I just came back and bought a 6 plus after a 3 day affair with the S6 edge. Loved the phone but the 2 hours of screen on time left a lot more to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
If you like to fiddle with your Android and change widgets, themes etc. you'll find yourself doing less of it with an iphone since it mostly can't be done unless you want to get into the guts of the OS. Which can be a blessing in itself. BTW, the Iphone 6 plus battery is outstanding. Just keep a handle on background apps and location settings and this thing will go all day with juice to spare. Can't say the same for Android. My Note 3 ate my battery to shreds.

The OP is thinking of going from a Note 4 to an iPhone 6 Plus, not a Note 3. I say this because the Note 4's battery life is significantly better than the Note 3, so a battery life comparison between the Note 3 and the iPhone 6 Plus is irrelevant.

To the OP (who has probably already decided now), I own both and will only make this suggestion: decide what is most important to you in a phone, then find out if the two phones in question handle these tasks differently. Make a guess at which way you will prefer. After you weigh the pros and cons of each device, go with the device that has the most pros or the fewest cons. If the Note 4 turns out to be the best phone, you will be able to find work-arounds for your integration with your iPad and Mac, if needed. If the iPhone turns out to be the best phone, your ecosystem integration will be an added benefit.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I own both a 6+ and a s6 edge. Before the edge I hate a note 4. I like android, but it's bugs and other oddities always bring me back to my 6+. Honestly I love my 6+ more every time I switch back from the s6 after using it for a day.

menotii

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I was a big android fan. But I don't think I will switch back to Android after my shift to iPhone 6 plus. Excellent battery performance, big screen but easy to operate with single thumb and its simplicity. The only downside is the default keyboard but that is easy to solve by installing swiftkey. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobe008

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a black Note 4 that I love. It has been my favorite phone ever. Last iPhone I had was a 4s, but honestly it was a little, dare I say, boring.

If you thought the 4s was boring why do you think a 6+ would be any different? Yes it has a bigger screen but the Note 4's screen is even bigger and the actual phone size is smaller. If you want to switch for the syncing then go for it and hopefully the boredom doesn't set in too quick this time.

nancybout

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I get it,some people like myself,love having new things lol
The nite 4 is a fantastic phone... Yet so is the iPhone 6plus. If you have the note there's no need to change unless you really want to try the plus like I sorta want to buy a note 4 and have both.
However to pick one I picked the iPhone this time .. I had the note 2 and that was a fantastic phone!
I love launchers and changing things and I also just love my iPhone so it's hard.
If your one who likes to rearrange your phone stay w the note....u may get bored.
I'm not bored w this phone thou in all honesty,... I will eventually try learning jailbreak when I can lol

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
The OP is thinking of going from a Note 4 to an iPhone 6 Plus, not a Note 3. I say this because the Note 4's battery life is significantly better than the Note 3, so a battery life comparison between the Note 3 and the iPhone 6 Plus is irrelevant.

....in your opinion which is not the definitive one....here's an opposite view:

"The battery performance on the Note 4 isn't quite as good as the Galaxy Note 3 then (which lost 13% in the same test), but with day-to-day usage you're unlikely to notice much of a difference."

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Battery life | TechRadar

stridr69

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm just hoping I find them at least equal. Would hate to sell the N4 AND add a little cash to move to the 6 plus and be unhappy with it, especially since it is a phone I really like. Wish there was a way to test drive a 6 plus for a week to see if we're a good fit.

T-Mobile may still have their test drive program going on. I can't remember if it's using an iPhone 5 or 6 though. Great way to test both phone and cell phone service at the same time

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
It's the 5s. I did it almost a month ago. People moving over from Android will get a sense of iOS but unfortunately the 5s is nothing like 6 plus other than they share the same OS. Specifically I found call quality (not the signal but the sound) much better on the plus. The 5s sounded pinched and a bit strident. I didn't enjoy talking on that phone. But I found signal strength/reception to be very comparable as was the functionality of the phone itself.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Currently, I have the iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Air 2. I've been searching for the right combination of tech for some years now. I have tried the iPhone/iPad combo, Nexus 5/Nexus 7 combo, and Note 4 by itself. I also had a Chromebook for a while. It seems to be a toss up between the iPhone/iPad and a Nexus/Chromebook. We will see. I like continuity with my iPhone and iPad Air 2. Everything seems to gel together very well. But the Nexus/Chromebook combination is a far cheaper solution and I feel like a get the best of both worlds. Plus, the Chromebook has a life span of 4 years. So far I'm loving the iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Currently, I have the iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Air 2. I've been searching for the right combination of tech for some years now. I have tried the iPhone/iPad combo, Nexus 5/Nexus 7 combo, and Note 4 by itself. I also had a Chromebook for a while. It seems to be a toss up between the iPhone/iPad and a Nexus/Chromebook. We will see. I like continuity with my iPhone and iPad Air 2. Everything seems to gel together very well. But the Nexus/Chromebook combination is a far cheaper solution and I feel like a get the best of both worlds. Plus, the Chromebook has a life span of 4 years. So far I'm loving the iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.

I also have the 6 plus and the air 2 and I have yet to find a single flaw in that combo.
I'm headed to the high Sierras for work for 10 days and I'm not bothering taking my MacBook with me, it would just be added clutter.
And now that I got the app that allows me to send multiple attachments (a huge thank you to qb) I'm really cruising.
I used to have the Note 3 and the Note Pro: undoubtably very cool toys (until Samsung forced the Kitkat update on my phone) but there was no continuity and it really did slow down and hamper my work.
Last night I was sending out emails from one device while writing work related notes on the other, everything appeared on both devices within seconds, I was pretty cool.
I absolutely love this system.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm right there with you. I've been flip flopping for years. Back and forth between Android and iOS. Always looking for the best combo of devices. I also liked the Nexus/Chromebook combo, but I hated the Chromebook options. Never had that solid middle ground. It was always the dirt cheap ones or the really expensive Pixel. Today, I'm settling on a 6 Plus/MBA combo. I think it'll give me everything I need. Sure it's more expensive, but it gives me what I've been missing. Great battery life and camera, and a more capable operating system on the computer.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I recently made this switch. I had a Note 4 back in November and made the switch to 6 Plus. I had the 6 Plus for a few months but then decided to go back to Note 4. Well....that second stint with the Note 4 only lasted 4 days lol lol. Luckily I was still within my 14 days so back to the iPhone 6 Plus I went. Yeah the Note 4 is a great phone with many features on it. But I found myself not really using none of them. Plus I don't like the fact that if I charged the Note 4 to 100%...unplug it right before I go to bed around 10:30....I wake up at 4:30 and it's already at 94-96% battery life left. But when I do my iPhone the same way it's still at 100%. That's even at 6am after I have drove to work and then checked email, weather, sports and etc on my phone. iPhone is for me. Going to give android a break for awhile. It's just something about iOS that draws you to it and want lol.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I recently made this switch. I had a Note 4 back in November and made the switch to 6 Plus. I had the 6 Plus for a few months but then decided to go back to Note 4. Well....that second stint with the Note 4 only lasted 4 days lol lol. Luckily I was still within my 14 days so back to the iPhone 6 Plus I went. Yeah the Note 4 is a great phone with many features on it. But I found myself not really using none of them. Plus I don't like the fact that if I charged the Note 4 to 100%...unplug it right before I go to bed around 10:30....I wake up at 4:30 and it's already at 94-96% battery life left. But when I do my iPhone the same way it's still at 100%. That's even at 6am after I have drove to work and then checked email, weather, sports and etc on my phone. iPhone is for me. Going to give android a break for awhile. It's just something about iOS that draws you to it and want lol.

Pretty much what I did. Im loving the 6+. Not looking at Android until the Note 5 comes out. Even then i'll look, but keep a distance lol. iOS is simple and just works. I sold 2 Note 4s within 2 weeks lol.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much what I did. Im loving the 6+. Not looking at Android until the Note 5 comes out. Even then i'll look, but keep a distance lol. iOS is simple and just works. I sold 2 Note 4s within 2 weeks lol.

Definitely lol. I may peep the Note 5 as well but like you I will definitely keep my distance lol.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

What made you switch from the Note 4? I think I saw you over in the Android forum and it seemed like you were pretty happy with it. I'm just curious as I have both and enjoy both quite a bit.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
What made you switch from the Note 4? I think I saw you over in the Android forum and it seemed like you were pretty happy with it. I'm just curious as I have both and enjoy both quite a bit.

I have switched back and forth so many times. I still have the Note 4, but it's in a drawer not being used. I love it. Love everything about it. But I miss my iPad. Which doesn't work well with the Note 4 or any Android device at least not like it does with the iPhone obviously. So it's not like I dislike the Note 4. It's just that I sometimes enjoy my iPhone 6 Plus/iPad Air 2 combo better. And yes it takes both to outdo the Note 4. When I'm using my iOS combo, I have no need for the Note 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
For the record, I've owned every model of iPhone ever made and also every Galaxy and Note phone ever made.

Recently I had the 6 plus and the Note 4 and spent a great deal of time doing side by side comparisons,,,,, features, battery life and especially the cameras.

The iPhone went by bye bye and I kept my Note 4,,,,,,, as a phone for me the winner was the Note 4,,,,,,, for tablets my iPad get more love than my Android tablets.

I use and love both platforms.

Cheers, Davyo

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2