New to this forum and Iphone, after many years of using androids I must admit I am impressed with everything on this 6+.
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-07-2015 01:09 PM
    Welcome to a whole new, simpler world. I love iOS and everything it provides for me. There is nothing that I need it to do that it doesn't already do and makes it much easier than it ever was when I had an Android or Blackberry device. Heck, at one point I even had a Windows phone. Apple does it better than them all IMO.
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-07-2015 04:09 PM
    2008-2015... Long relationship... I broke up with android as of friday night. My story was a lil different. I worked tech support at TMO and started months before releasing the G1... for the longest time I hated the iPhone... I think it was ingrained in us, since we didn't sell it for years... After Samsung announced the S6 and pretty much copied apple again... I made the plunge... and I couldn't be happier...
    bamabeauty and eternal2009 like this.
    03-07-2015 08:43 PM
    Glad I finally got my ipad and iOS 8 really made me get my iphone... I couldn't be happier - Been a BBRY user as well but had a couple android devices in between (original Note and the S4). It was cool to be able to customize but that wears off after a couple weeks.

Really happy I made the switch to iOS! A few years months ago I never thought i'd be saying that!!
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-08-2015 01:45 PM
    2008-2015... Long relationship... I broke up with android as of friday night. My story was a lil different. I worked tech support at TMO and started months before releasing the G1... for the longest time I hated the iPhone... I think it was ingrained in us, since we didn't sell it for years... After Samsung announced the S6 and pretty much copied apple again... I made the plunge... and I couldn't be happier...
    That's funny but true. So many people hate iPhone and sometimes like you said it seems like it's ingrained in them...but when you ask why they can't even give you a reason lol.
    03-08-2015 05:19 PM
    For me it had to do a lot with how Apple seems to abuse the legal system with their want to sue everyone. Now that I have the iPhone I'll have to overlook that part of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eternal2009 and Idelgado782 like this.
    03-08-2015 05:22 PM
    For me it had to do a lot with how Apple seems to abuse the legal system with their want to sue everyone. Now that I have the iPhone I'll have to overlook that part of them.

It seems to me Apple gets sued more than they sue.

03-08-2015 05:31 PM
    That's funny but true. So many people hate iPhone and sometimes like you said it seems like it's ingrained in them...but when you ask why they can't even give you a reason lol.
    I'm a long time android user been on the 6 plus for a few months now. Really enjoy it. I think people get too caught up in the Android vs ios mine is better than yours drama. The only reason I would dislike apple is from a business and human rights issue. I think it's pretty disgraceful how poor their factory practices are and things like that but apple will lecture about equal rights, and gay rights and women rights while they allow awful things to happen to make iphones and ipads.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    03-09-2015 11:34 PM
    I'm a long time android user been on the 6 plus for a few months now. Really enjoy it. I think people get too caught up in the Android vs ios mine is better than yours drama. The only reason I would dislike apple is from a business and human rights issue. I think it's pretty disgraceful how poor their factory practices are and things like that but apple will lecture about equal rights, and gay rights and women rights while they allow awful things to happen to make iphones and ipads.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Should change your signature lol. Jk

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus
    jdfry15 likes this.
    03-10-2015 12:08 AM
    Welcome and congrats on the new phone!!
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-10-2015 02:16 AM
    Right on man thank you it is truly appreciated.
    03-15-2015 03:31 PM
    Amen to that. 🙌
    03-15-2015 03:34 PM
    Well, I switched over from the Note 3 to the iPhone 6 plus, and I did this because as a divorced father, whose kid's moved to another state, and are now in college, I can face time them. They didn't want anything to do with skype. I left behind on my Note 3 a lot of wonderful programs like, Chomp SMS, Aquamail, etc..............I am having a very difficult time finding apps, which are few, none, and cost money. It seems Apple keeps everything in it's purest state, where Android is much more liberal, and allows you to customize. If I could jailbreak this latest version I would go shopping in a heart beat on Cydia, and I would be happy. I have to say I love the brighter screen, and it seems faster than my Note 3.
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-15-2015 04:33 PM
    I had android app phones since around 2012 when I wanted the bigger screen and had the nexus 6 for a day. I loved the phone but the battery issues I've had with android being awake all the time , size was huge and me wanting to try iOS for phones ( I have an iPad Air 2 since launch ) and the camera while on paper is inferior to the Note 4 and nexus 6 I find fantastic. The camera so far feels at least on par with the note 4 I had

03-16-2015 09:35 AM
    I have to admit, I was the same way as you were eternal2009. I had a Galaxy Nexus and I rooted and ROMed the heck out of it but then I got tired of having to set things back up every time there was a ROM update so I went for a Galaxy S4 because I just didn't want to deal with custom ROMs anymore. Then I went to the Note 3. With all of the bloat that both the S4 and the Note 3 had it really wasn't that great of an experience. Both devices lagged like nobody's business.

And now, here I am with an iPhone 6 Plus. Like I said in another thread, it was the best decision I ever made. The level of software integration, user experience, and overall cleanliness of the core OS along with many of the apps simply blow Android out of the water. The apps that I once used on Android perform and look far better on the iPhone. Going to the iPhone was the best decision I ever made.

Only bad part of going to the iPhone is that this thing makes me want to buy an iPad. LOL
    I started with the iPhone (2009-2012), them moved to android (2012-2014). Mainly for larger screens, expandable memory and removable batteries. However always preferred the Apple ecosystem. I switched back to the 6 plus last year because it had what I wanted (large, high resolution screen, 128GB onboard memory and great battery life). I've had it for 4 months and I'm really happy with it.

I agree though once you get one Apple device you want to get more as they work so well together.

I now have : iPhone 6 plus, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, MacBook Air and Apple TV.

I'll probably buy the Apple watch too😜
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-17-2015 05:08 AM

lol...what? Every large smart phone manufacturer was/is suing each other ad nauseam. This is nothing unique to Apple...nor is it an "abuse" of anything related to the legal system as they were simply using the legal system exactly as it was intended to be used.
    03-17-2015 08:55 AM
    I guess you and I have different ideas on how the legal system should be used. If you ask me, the legal system should be used only if there is a blatant violation of your patents. If you look at most of what has come out recently you would notice that most if not everything has been built upon something that came before it. That's how innovation is supposed to work.

03-17-2015 10:59 AM
    That is exactly what it is. Anyone who did not have iPhones available to them on their carrier was against the iPhone. So many of them fell in love with iOS as soon as they gave it a chance. I know that is what the case was for me. I had an iPad long before an iPhone so I knew the OS, but for some reason I still hated the iPhone for a while.

03-17-2015 11:02 AM
    Welcome to the club!
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-17-2015 12:42 PM
    Congrats on your iPhone. Hope you enjoy it .
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-17-2015 08:29 PM
    lol...what? Every large smart phone manufacturer was/is suing each other ad nauseam. This is nothing unique to Apple...nor is it an "abuse" of anything related to the legal system as they were simply using the legal system exactly as it was intended to be used.
    It is abuse imo ....rounded corners really ? Maybe Apple should sue them for making it a rectangle ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-18-2015 04:16 AM
    Well, I switched over from the Note 3 to the iPhone 6 plus, and I did this because as a divorced father, whose kid's moved to another state, and are now in college, I can face time them. They didn't want anything to do with skype. I left behind on my Note 3 a lot of wonderful programs like, Chomp SMS, Aquamail, etc..............I am having a very difficult time finding apps, which are few, none, and cost money. It seems Apple keeps everything in it's purest state, where Android is much more liberal, and allows you to customize. If I could jailbreak this latest version I would go shopping in a heart beat on Cydia, and I would be happy. I have to say I love the brighter screen, and it seems faster than my Note 3.
    Don't confuse "customize" to great apps. "Customize" refers to changing the UI aspects and not the aspects of the app itself. You can't "customize" aspects of an email client. For instance.
    03-18-2015 04:29 AM
    I have had all the note series phones and love them. I always loved having a bigger screen and still use my note 4 a little bit. The 6 plus is the first iphone i've used on a regular basis since the 4. The apps are what keep me on ios right now. The same apps look better, are smoother, have more function then the same app on my note 4. My gps works better, and everyone talks crap on apples map software but there are many times I can't find an address in google maps and it finds it right away in maps. I'm sold on how smooth the os is. It was a hard first two weeks for me but now every time I use my note I'm trying to double tap for reachability.
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-20-2015 10:12 AM
    Good Decision, Welcome!
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-20-2015 05:20 PM
    I have the Note 3 and just received the IPhone 6 plus as a gift. I've had iPhones before and I still have my ipad 2. I must say that I didn't think I would ever end up back on an iPhone but I am unable to put this thing down. I keep adding more and more of my daily apps on it and it's becoming irresistible as a daily driver possibility. If there was a way I could do my pop up play video on this thing I'd probably put the Galaxy away for awhile. It's my favorite feature to play videos using pop up play whilst reading or even playing games. Wish iPhone would also allow this, I'd be in Heaven. Wonder if anyone knows how this can be done without a jailbreak. Anyhow, I also love downloading torrents directly to my note 3. If iPhone could do these two things without a jailbreak that would be awesome. I will always be in love with the Note series, but this 6 plus is just gorgeous. Love the build and feel of it. Of course I love getting back into all my favorite iPhone Apps again.

Sent From my iPhone 6 plus
    eternal2009 likes this.
    03-28-2015 09:03 PM
65 123