Otterbox Defender

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so i purchased the Otterbox defender this past Sunday for my Plus and i notice that there is a gap between the Plus screen and the Otterbox defender screen protector. This is quite annoying and lessons my experience with interacting with the phone. Anyone else experience this?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup just check out the numerous posts on this. Most remove the screen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I like the commuter over the defender (for now until lifeproof gets out the case for the 6+) and a spigen glass protector, protection without the issues lol

garyf33

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the defender and had the exact some problem with the gap between the screen protector and phone, complained to Otterbox who in turn sent me another shell and that one has the same issue. Gave up on Otterbox for now and using a UAG case with Zagg glass screen protector.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Otter box has had that problem with virtually every phone I've had a case for. One trick to try is to put the phone on the screen protector side first or to buy a glass screen protector so it will fill the gap. And I always had dust that scratched my bezel with every phone in every otter box case period no exceptions.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
If you put your case together without the phone in it and gently but firmly go around the screen protector edges and push it in without breaking the seal completely it will lay flat. I do it to all my defenders and works like a charm. Just don't push too hard and break the glue seal

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Happened with my 5S, but can attest to Otterbox having some of the best customer service around.

jlh73

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Well I guess there sending me yet another one. Hopefully this one works. If not I'm jus gonna take the screen protector off and use a glass screen protector.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess there sending me yet another one. Hopefully this one works. If not I'm jus gonna take the screen protector off and use a glass screen protector.

That's what I do! I used my OB all day and love it. First thing I do when I get a new one, out comes the screen protector. I use the Defender because of the belt clip for work during the week.

bamabeauty

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
For the first time, I don't have any issues with my otter box thank god; however, my boyfriend noticed a gap on his case for his Galaxy s 4. I'm guess that it's a defect in some products they sell. Just checked my mom's otter box hers doesn't have a gap either. Yay guess we got lucky!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2