Oh my gosh I dropped my iPhone also, more than once the very first time I just had a crappy silicone case, I dropped it at the gym on the treadmill and then it went flying until it hit the wall!
    It's okay, I'm glad I have insurance!
    Now I use a Symmetry Otter Box
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    12-21-2014 09:04 PM
    Oh my gosh I dropped my iPhone also, more than once the very first time I just had a crappy silicone case, I dropped it at the gym on the treadmill and then it went flying until it hit the wall!
    It's okay, I'm glad I have insurance!
    Now I use a Symmetry Otter Box
    Any dents or scuffs

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    12-21-2014 09:05 PM
    I have the symmetry and have dropped my phone a few times because it's sooo slick. Today my tempered glass screen protector took a rock face first and saved my screen.
    12-22-2014 12:07 AM
    I've been using a Apple Leather case, but took it off yesterday and put on a Spigen super slim case and guess what, dropped it face down last night while getting out of my buddy's truck. Needless to say I have to go make a claim with my Apple Care today. My Zagg glass didn't save me, actually the Zagg is perfectly fine, the screen under it is destroyed though.

I thought I could get away with not using a case, or using the thinnest cases available for my Plus but I am now going to go with an Otter Box Symmetry now, I learned my lesson.

I've had every other iPhone (except 5s/5c), never had a very protective case and NEVER shattered a screen or broke my phone before, and also never had Apple Care, so I feel pretty lucky that I purchased Apple Care when I bought my 6 Plus because I had a feeling this would be the one I dropped and broke.
    12-22-2014 09:41 AM
    I dropped my 6 plus last night too I was late to meet a friend and trying to rush down the road. I dropped my 6 plus front facing up onto the pavement. It was in the silicone Apple case and luckily there was no damage at all! Not a blemish. Only the case got a few chips. However I think I'll order an otter box because I might not be so lucky in the future.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    12-24-2014 12:16 AM
    I dropped my 6 plus last night too I was late to meet a friend and trying to rush down the road. I dropped my 6 plus front facing up onto the pavement. It was in the silicone Apple case and luckily there was no damage at all! Not a blemish. Only the case got a few chips. However I think I'll order an otter box because I might not be so lucky in the future.
    Thank God the screen didn't crack or else it would of been a big deal.

12-24-2014 03:52 AM
    I like this case
    12-24-2014 07:00 AM
    Thank God the screen didn't crack or else it would of been a big deal.

I have insurance but I still would have been really upset if that had happened. I'm still so surprised that it didn't get any damage.
    12-24-2014 10:48 AM
    Hello people. Oh gosh were do I start. I was walking to the bus stop with earphones in my ears connected to my phone, then shortly the bus arrived. Has a grab for my wallet where my phone was the cord to the earphones pulled out of the phone and my iPhone feel bottom down onto the ground.
    I had the apple leather case, and as we know there is no protection on the bottom of the case.
    Man.......
    As I quickly inspected my phone when I got into the bus, I noticed near the charging port I had a small scuff dent. I felt so sad because this is the first time I've dropped my baby accidentally....
    Oh well....
    I don't use the apple leather case any more because of this incident. I need more protection
    I bought myself an outterbox case on the same day....

How sad...

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    Dude don't cry... It's just a phone... Mine has scratches on top corners and some on the back i don't care because if you're battery gives up or something apple just give you a new iphone or just buy a new housing.. But its just a phone someday it wil get scratches somewhere.. And yes i use a case as wel since i dropped mine at home
    08-16-2015 10:48 AM
    People its just a PHONE it wont stay as new forever! If you dont want any damage put it back in the box and never touch it again...
    08-16-2015 10:50 AM
    Maybe it's easier said than done. I too dropped my phone and cracked up the screen. However Apple took care of it. I know it's just a phone but I feel your pain. I too have a Black leather case from Apple yet I know I need a sturdier protective case. But that leather case is just so pretty. I'm looking forward to finding a new more protective case. In my business my phone must be used at least 16 hours per day.
    08-16-2015 11:08 AM
    Dude don't cry... It's just a phone... Mine has scratches on top corners and some on the back i don't care because if you're battery gives up or something apple just give you a new iphone or just buy a new housing.. But its just a phone someday it wil get scratches somewhere.. And yes i use a case as wel since i dropped mine at home
    "It's just a phone"

Thank you so much for your brilliant insight there funkyDJ. Your lack of concern really makes you a god amongst men!

All kidding aside, who are you to assign value to other people's concern? I'd be furious if I scratched my iPhone, which is why it stays in a case and has a screen protector on it. Trivializing another person's property is hilariously asinine...some people can't just replace or repair their device on a whim, and even in my case, where I could easily replace mine if something happened, it's not like I just shrug my shoulders about a $1,000 investment in a phone like it's nothing...it would suck, as would walking around with a cosmetically damaged device.

Your youthful lack of concern will one day be replaced with a more real world understanding of things. At that point, maybe you won't parade around telling people "don't cry" because they've expressed concern over something important to them.
    08-16-2015 11:25 AM
    Let's set the record straight. I don't have any friends. Neither do I have a lot of extra money laying around. I don't drink or party. I don't do a lot of mall shopping. I'm not such a girly girl that must have my nails toes done on a regular basis. My phone is my hobby and I try to take care of it. This phone costed me almost $1000.00..So yes I feel bad for anyone who drops or break it. It can't easily be replaced. Yes it would suck walking around with a cosmetically damaged phone. No one else can see it but I do. I was of great concern for me.
    08-16-2015 11:56 AM
    If ANY of my smartphones were damaged, you'd all hear about it! Sad that we value our devices, but, they are not exactly cheap, are they?

For those that have damaged their screens and the likes, sorry to hear that. Apple seem to do well helping people with screen replacements...
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    08-16-2015 12:47 PM
    Example: Dropped my phone and i was too cheap initially to purchase AppleCare. I went into the Apple Store with money in hand to get my screen repaired. On my initial visit when I got there after traveling about 35 minutes the store had a power outage due to construction in the area. When I returned 3 days later the service was superb. Wait time was short and I left with a new phone and money still in my pocket. Thanks and "Go Apple" I will never purchase a iPhone without Apple Care Plus.
    08-16-2015 01:37 PM
    At least those are only scratches. Today I was listening with earplugs on, and suddenly I walked and totally forgot about my iPhone and I dont why it fell so hard into the floor. But the thing is I tried to play the music (because it stopped when the earplugs came off), but it wouldnt turn on. Not even a ddead battery signal, or an apple in the screen. NOTHING. Im worried that something explote inside because its getting hotter and hotter. Please help, I ont know what to do.
    11-03-2015 09:21 PM
    LifeProof NUUD all day
    11-04-2015 04:06 PM
67 123