Dropped my iPhone 6 plus and nearly had a heart attack

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup the open bottom is why I didn't get the Apple leather case this year. I got my eyes on that Otter Box Symmetry. But I'm trying to cut down on the case purchases this year. I was going to try and sell my 5S cases but that can be a drag sometimes. So I just gave them to a family member that got a 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If my phone was "nude" when I dropped it, who knows how badly damaged it would of been. I'm grateful I had a case

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

I actually dropped my 6 Plus this morning on the same hard tile floor that I shattered my 5 and 5S screens on. Bottom left corner got a good licking and the the screen popped out from that corner. I had to snap it back in. It works fine. I'll take pics later and post. I switched to my 6 and left the Plus at home today.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually dropped my 6 Plus this morning on the same hard tile floor that I shattered my 5 and 5S screens on. Bottom left corner got a good licking and the the screen popped out from that corner. I had to snap it back in. It works fine. I'll take pics later and post. I switched to my 6 and left the Plus at home today.

Woah. That would of given me a heart attack lol. I guess some people aren't affected by damaging there divides and think" it's just a phone".
Man I'll never understand that.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Woah. That would of given me a heart attack lol. I guess some people aren't affected by damaging there divides and think" it's just a phone".
Man I'll never understand that.

For me it's just that I know it won't be expensive to replace if I ever truly F'd it up. Once I was on my last replacement I'd be more careful.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I am using the official Apple case in black, it offers no protection for the screen or the bottom of the device. I think I will start looking for a new case

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh my gosh I dropped my iPhone also, more than once :( the very first time I just had a crappy silicone case, I dropped it at the gym on the treadmill and then it went flying until it hit the wall!
It's okay, I'm glad I have insurance!
Now I use a Symmetry Otter Box

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh my gosh I dropped my iPhone also, more than once :( the very first time I just had a crappy silicone case, I dropped it at the gym on the treadmill and then it went flying until it hit the wall!
It's okay, I'm glad I have insurance!
Now I use a Symmetry Otter Box

Any dents or scuffs

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the symmetry and have dropped my phone a few times because it's sooo slick. Today my tempered glass screen protector took a rock face first and saved my screen.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been using a Apple Leather case, but took it off yesterday and put on a Spigen super slim case and guess what, dropped it face down last night while getting out of my buddy's truck. Needless to say I have to go make a claim with my Apple Care today. My Zagg glass didn't save me, actually the Zagg is perfectly fine, the screen under it is destroyed though.

I thought I could get away with not using a case, or using the thinnest cases available for my Plus but I am now going to go with an Otter Box Symmetry now, I learned my lesson.

I've had every other iPhone (except 5s/5c), never had a very protective case and NEVER shattered a screen or broke my phone before, and also never had Apple Care, so I feel pretty lucky that I purchased Apple Care when I bought my 6 Plus because I had a feeling this would be the one I dropped and broke.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 6 plus last night too :( I was late to meet a friend and trying to rush down the road. I dropped my 6 plus front facing up onto the pavement. It was in the silicone Apple case and luckily there was no damage at all! Not a blemish. Only the case got a few chips. However I think I'll order an otter box because I might not be so lucky in the future.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my 6 plus last night too :( I was late to meet a friend and trying to rush down the road. I dropped my 6 plus front facing up onto the pavement. It was in the silicone Apple case and luckily there was no damage at all! Not a blemish. Only the case got a few chips. However I think I'll order an otter box because I might not be so lucky in the future.

Thank God the screen didn't crack or else it would of been a big deal.

funkyDJ

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello people. Oh gosh were do I start. I was walking to the bus stop with earphones in my ears connected to my phone, then shortly the bus arrived. Has a grab for my wallet where my phone was the cord to the earphones pulled out of the phone and my iPhone feel bottom down onto the ground.
I had the apple leather case, and as we know there is no protection on the bottom of the case.
Man.......
As I quickly inspected my phone when I got into the bus, I noticed near the charging port I had a small scuff dent. I felt so sad because this is the first time I've dropped my baby accidentally....
Oh well....
I don't use the apple leather case any more because of this incident. I need more protection
I bought myself an outterbox case on the same day....

How sad...

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Dude don't cry... It's just a phone... Mine has scratches on top corners and some on the back i don't care because if you're battery gives up or something apple just give you a new iphone or just buy a new housing.. But its just a phone someday it wil get scratches somewhere.. And yes i use a case as wel since i dropped mine at home

funkyDJ

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
People its just a PHONE it wont stay as new forever! If you dont want any damage put it back in the box and never touch it again...