Unsync iTunes music tracks?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
How do I remove music from my device that I bought in iTunes? As well as the free U2 album that was force fed to my iphone. Tried a Google search but didn't get a conclusive answer.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
You'll have to go through iTunes app on your computer that you sync your phone with. Under Music, uncheck the songs you don't want synced/on your phone then sync it. This should removed those unwanted songs. I was able to do it with the U2 album and anything else. Hope this helps.

Ron Hites

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
You'll have to go through iTunes app on your computer that you sync your phone with. Under Music, uncheck the songs you don't want synced/on your phone then sync it. This should removed those unwanted songs. I was able to do it with the U2 album and anything else. Hope this helps.

You don't have to use your computer. Go to the music app, hold down on the song you don't want and swipe to the left tell you see the delete button. Then hit delete. At least that's how it works on my iPhone 6 Plus. Easy as pie...

Last edited:

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Even after all of that editing and deleting. I still have the same track count. I synced and went into iTunes. Selected to manually manage music. I think when I have more time I will sit down and delete everything and just add in what I want. It's no big deal but there are tracks that I just don't like. On top of having some Katy Perry in there. Yeah she's hot but I don't enjoy the music. Makes me feel bubbly...

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok. I hope that helps. I had to do that years back to get my music in order as well. Then I've just been maintaining it since then.

Ron Hites

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Even after all of that editing and deleting. I still have the same track count. I synced and went into iTunes. Selected to manually manage music. I think when I have more time I will sit down and delete everything and just add in what I want. It's no big deal but there are tracks that I just don't like. On top of having some Katy Perry in there. Yeah she's hot but I don't enjoy the music. Makes me feel bubbly...

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

Sorry to hear that you're still having troubles. If after deleting the songs that you don't want, you see the (iCloud symbol) next to it. Then the songs are no longer on your device. The iCloud symbol is there so if you want to re-download the song or songs later. If you touch the songs name you will be able to listen to it by streaming, but if you touch the iCloud symbol you will download it again.🎶

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2