iPhone 6 plus screen manufacturing

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So I've been seeing a lot of rumors regarding gorilla glass 4 and the apparent fact that many phones were released before Corning had announced ( or christened ) gorilla glass 4 my question is is there any information out there or does anyone know if the iPhone 6 plus and 6 are in that line up? I am aware that apple claimed to use some "strengthened ion-X " screen glass but never revealed much more regarding this , any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Anything I've read on the matter is that it's Corning Glass but Apple or Corning won't say if its Gorilla Glass 4. Could be I guess. As far as scratching my original iPhone screen is clean and it's been thrown in drawers left on surfaces screen down. It's a tough little SOB.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If they don't answer what it is that means one of 2 things either it's not or only some the latest manufactured iPhone 6 or 6 plus will have it or have it already

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Well that's the thing, the manufacturing of the glass seems to have been going on for a while now, which is why some phone models have it, which exactly is unknown, it just seems like there has been an embargo on the naming up to this point, I'm really hoping that these phones do come with gorilla glass 4 but again all I have heard are rumors, short of some sources stating that there are indeed phones with this glass out in the wild that have been available for a few months now.

Sent from my iPhone

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It also depends on when Corning is able to introduce the newer GG4 into the production cycle with Apples supplier chain. It could be next year before we see it, regardless I always put a tempered Glas Screen protector on my mine. If it were to fall at least that glas is the only on that breaks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2