I purchased the Otterbox Defender and failed to realize that they have changed the warranty policy to 1year. I am surprised considering the prices went up and prior warranties were life time.
    10-28-2014 10:33 AM
    Thanks for letting us know...
    10-28-2014 10:39 AM
    IMO they are junk. I have always used Otterbox for years, until they changed the case inside with the iPhone 5 case. those and current iPhone 6 and 6+ allows the device to move around inside, which later on will cause abrasions.
    10-28-2014 10:40 AM
    How is the fit and finish? Have they changed the rubber/silicone compound they make the slip cover from? Seems to stretch and deform fairly quickly on the past models, the main reason I no longer use them but would like to give them a try if they have improved that at all.
    10-28-2014 10:41 AM
    How is the fit and finish? Have they changed the rubber/silicone compound they make the slip cover from? Seems to stretch and deform fairly quickly on the past models, the main reason I no longer use them but would like to give them a try if they have improved that at all.
    I don't know yet. I got free shipping which turns out to be Fedex smart post. It will take a week for me to receive
    10-28-2014 01:30 PM
    Take a look at the Pelican Voyager case. It offers protection similar to that of the Otterbox, but is a little less bulky and has a lifetime warranty.
    10-28-2014 07:20 PM
    I was not too pleased with my otter box commuter. When I got my 4s brand new it was my first iPhone and I did some research into which case was right and I settled on a yellow commuter. The case got dirty quickly and I had to remove the outer plastic to get the charging port latch to open. It also added more bulk than I would have liked.

I'm not inclined to purchase another otter box.
    10-28-2014 07:34 PM
    They have changed so much since the 4S. I'm curious to see what has to be said about the one for the plus though. Always order a defender, always love it. Hoping the same. Maybe a smidgen slimmer then the 5S.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    10-28-2014 08:38 PM
    i hope you guys with 6plus have better luck. I have used otterboxes on every single phone ive ever owned. Paid 55dollars from verizon, rubber plugs ripped off within 3 weeks, got it replaced from otterbox about week ago already ripping again. Completely upset, not to mention the screen protector on my defender was horribly scratched and never dropped it once.
    10-29-2014 11:26 PM
    Only way to go is Lifeproof (even though OB owns them now) much much better quality
    10-30-2014 10:02 AM
    I will be glad when this freaking case arrives so I can give some valid input. Stay away from Fedex smart post. Slower than USPS
    zachpenguin likes this.
    10-30-2014 10:04 AM
    Just an FYI I got an email to order my defender and I got my white/grey ordered!
    10-30-2014 06:33 PM
    AugustVance, I'm jealous. I'm waiting on the grey lime green combination.

10-30-2014 07:16 PM
    I'm pretty excited. I haven't used a defender in awhile but I have been waiting. I'm sure if I don't like it I can sell it to someone who could use it!
    zachpenguin likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:28 PM
    Just ordered my all black one the other day. Should be here on Monday.
    zachpenguin likes this.
    10-30-2014 08:25 PM
    I'm just eager for some feedback. I've always had a trusty defender. Never cared how bulky. I love them and am dying to get another.

10-30-2014 09:25 PM
    It will be interesting if there is any difficulty typing with the Otterbox Defender installed. The bezel on the newer cases seem 'thicker'. Keep us posted...
    10-31-2014 06:04 PM
    The white on gray defender case is available right now. Black is still out of stock with other colors coming soon. At least its progress.....

Rugged iPhone 6 Case | Defender Series by OtterBox
    11-02-2014 05:59 AM
    Surely there will be some returns. Keep me posted on how much the device moves inside the case.
    11-03-2014 02:46 AM
    Surely there will be some returns. Keep me posted on how much the device moves inside the case.
    This was one of the reasons I stopped using the Otterbox cases. I know that there are some that really need to have a rugged case like this, but I don't. It's too bulky, I didn't like all the flaps, the rubber usually lost its form, and the built in screen protector was poor.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    11-03-2014 05:13 AM
    I have the case now and all I can say is wow. This case is huge. I will say with this case protecting the phone there should be no worries of bending the phone. It has the phone well protected. It does take away from the beauty of this device but if you are in the market for protection this is the case. Only issue I see is the Touch ID sensor. With the phone in the case it is impossible to set up Touch ID. The built in screen protector sits just above the screen a little bit but have not seen any big issues in screen response. The buttons are stiff at this point which I think is a good thing. As far as the phone moving in the case I have no evidence of this beast moving. Everything is a snug fit. Overall I would say if you don't care about the added bulk, concealing a beautiful device, and worrying about bending your phone this is the case for u.
    zachpenguin likes this.
    11-03-2014 08:39 AM
    As for bending the phone, that can happen to any or other device, so it's a mute point...

Test something for me. Take case apart and only place the phone in the back plate is there give? device should move around from side to side.

Or put together shell then shake case from side to side. you can here the device moving,

This result will cause the device to get scratched up when inside.

Maybe I got a bad batch.. I have tried 4 so far...
    11-03-2014 09:02 AM
    As for bending the phone, that can happen to any or other device, so it's a mute point...

Test something for me. Take case apart and only place the phone in the back plate is there give? device should move around from side to side.

Or put together shell then shake case from side to side. you can here the device moving,

This result will cause the device to get scratched up when inside.

Maybe I got a bad batch.. I have tried 4 so far...
    Mine does not move at all in the shell
    zachpenguin likes this.
    11-03-2014 09:10 AM
    When is the Preserver for iPhone 6 coming out???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-03-2014 09:34 AM