Charging??

MUTigers

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So this is my second day with the plus and I have to admit the battery is awesome. The question I have for you guys is I'm at 70% left and I took it off the charger at 7am. Should I charge it this evening or would that have an effect on overall battery life? Thanks in advance for you responses!

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Top it off anytime you wish.. Li ion batteries don't take a set. The Apple device works with the Apple charger to regulate current draw. Above 80% it's reduced, and at 100% it will stop and start, keeping device between 99% and 100%.

Li ion battery capacity will drop to about 80% of total new capacity after approximately 500 recharges of 100%. That is going from zero to 100% equals one recharge cycle. The effect is cumulative, so five 20% recharges equals one 100% recharge. Simple thing for you is not to worry about recharging. Just plug it in, the Apple engineers have made it simple for you. The once every month or two to let drain down and recharge completely is to recalibrate the percentage meter only, giving you more accurate readings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2