iP6+ and iPad Air - a match made in heaven?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I still am considering the iPhone 6 Plus (as opposed to the iPhone 6), but I am wondering what effect that will have on my iPad Air - that is, if will I be less likely to use the iPad because of a bigger phone screen. I do use my iPhone 5 as a productivity tool (I'm a teacher), but most of the big stuff I save for the iPad. My fear is that if I buy the iPhone 6 Plus, I'll relegate my iPad to the sidelines, even though I still love reading books, blogging, and other work like that.

Do any of you have the Plus and an iPad? If so, do you find yourself (or could you see yourself) using your iPad less?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have both and coming from a 5S I've used the iPad less only cuz it's my new iPhone and we tend to overuse them just cuz it's new, but I still have the iPad by the couch and still use it for looking surfing the web and for texting, games etc.... I find that it's a perfect trade off, although I am using it less since I got the 6 Plus, but only time will tell if it stays like it is now

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone feel like the iPad Air got smaller after using the 6+? Haha I inly say this cause when I used it with my 5S it felt so big, but now it doesn't. Weird how that works.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone feel like the iPad Air got smaller after using the 6+? Haha I inly say this cause when I used it with my 5S it felt so big, but now it doesn't. Weird how that works.

Right here with you. Maybe that's why the rumors of the bigger iPad are taking off. Bigger phone needs a bigger iPad. 😏

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I gave my air to my daughter after getting the plus my plus is like a all in one now .. Honestly I rarely used the air even when I had the 5s so it was easy for me .. If I need a bigger screen than my plus I'll just use her iPad lol but it's rare now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad 4 which I use very extensively. Ever since I have the 6+, I find myself not having to take out my iPad as often as it used to be.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
i have both. i still use my ipad! mainly for school. when im at home i use the ipad air, at school the ipad air... i just love my ipad!!! the phone is awesome too don't get me wrong :) but i like big screens!

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a Retina iPad Mini in addition to my iPad Air, but after playing with my new 6 Plus for a week, I sold the Mini. I just didn't see a use case for the Mini any longer when the screen on the 6 Plus is so big and beautiful.

So I think the Air and the 6 Plus are the perfect combination.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have the 6+ and the Air, coming from 5s. I am still using my Air as primary device at home for surfing web and screening movies, tv, and you tube. Am still enjoying the extra room and view anywhere in house convenience. With that said, I have watched several movies on my 6+ in particular while in bed. The screen is just so gorgeous. Especially hunting any 4K YouTube videos.

Now before anyone chimes in to tell me these are not 4K, either in what YouTube stores nor what the 6+ can display, I realize that fact. Never the less, the 4K filmed videos are brighter, clearer, and do the 6+ screen proud. For sure I am getting full 1080p viewing, and to my eyes looks stunning on this 5.5 inch screen. If you have not done so, give yourself a treat and search "4K video" in YouTube and enjoy.

In closing, I am quite pleased in owning both the Air and the 6+. Definitely see myself continuing to use both. The devices that are seldom being used now, are my laptop and desktop machines. Last time I used them at home was to synch 6+ and backup to iTunes.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Still using my Plus a lot because it's a new toy, but I still find myself using my Air when lounging around at home. Where I see my usage changing is when out and about. I'm less likely to carry my iPad around with me when going shopping with my wife, etc. But I don't see my iPad gathering dust on a shelf anytime soon. There is still a significant size difference, and I still use each for different things.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It he iPad Air is way bigger than the 6plus. I agree it is a match in heaven. Advantage about the 6 plus is, when the air is at home, you have the luxury of having a big screen without the need of carry the air in certain situation.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use my iPad Air while at home and my 6 Plus everywhere else since it is more portable.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I use my iPad Air while at home and my 6 Plus everywhere else since it is more portable.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

It's the same for me. I used to carry my iPad 4 with me before I got the 6 Plus. I have since upgraded to the iPad Air 2 and use it extensively at home.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2