Frantically checked my 6 Plus
    Makes me cringe
    09-23-2014 08:26 PM
    This concerns me, I always keep my phone in my pocket at work. I work in a restaurant and I love how small the 5s fits in it, what I hate about the 5s is the battery, it's the only reason I wanna get the 6 plus.
    09-23-2014 08:27 PM
    After seeing both units first hand for the first time I am concerned that I will not be able to use my 6 plus the way I used my previous phones. I don't want to relearn to use my phone. I am seriously considering canceling my order at this point. I am very adventurous and very active, I will have many instances where the durability will be tested. Having said that I don't believe Apple has done their best work with the engineering of these phones (keeping in mind my financial future rests on AAPL). It could be a non-issue but from what I have seen the phones don't have that "robust" feel of the previous generations. Granted the 2g dented like crazy and the 3g and 3gs had cracks adjacent to the volume and vibrate buttons.
    It IS a non-issue.
    09-23-2014 08:28 PM
    I've merged your thread with an already existing thread on the topic.
    Hahaha I wondered what happen! I thought it was a glitch with my computer. I searched for a thread but didn't see it until now.

My fat legs that kind of bent a 5S, still I am getting a 6 plus but I am really scared.
    I've never had the issue with previous models but now I'm a bit nervous for sure. Now I'm thinking against returning my 6 again. Lol I might have to keep it! My pockets are pretty big but I need to know what's really causing the issue.
    09-23-2014 08:29 PM
    I plan to use a case+holster to carry the 6+

Case closed.
    09-23-2014 08:29 PM
    Unbox therapy just posted a follow up video with a bend test with a Note 3.
    09-23-2014 08:35 PM
    Unbox therapy just posted a follow up video with a bend test with a Note 3.
    It's made out of plastic...the iPhone 6 Plus is aluminum. It's like saying a wiffle ball bat is better than an aluminum bat because a plastic wiffle ball bat won't dent when you hit hard objects with it.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-23-2014 08:40 PM
    It's made out of plastic...the iPhone 6 Plus is aluminum. It's like saying a wiffle ball bat is better than an aluminum bat because a plastic wiffle ball bat won't dent when you hit hard objects with it.
    I agree, just putting it out there. I was hoping it snapped in half lol
    09-23-2014 08:42 PM
    I'm not concerned at all. It's a phone...I personally don't plan to try and bend it. And if performing a certain action does make me nervous, I would stop performing that action or find a different device. This wouldn't be the first or last time something gets damaged from being in a pocket
    09-23-2014 08:42 PM
    I agree, just putting it out there. I was hoping it snapped in half lol
    Oh I know, I wasn't directing that particularly at you...just saying, the guy was just baffled in the video that the Note 3 wouldn't bend, and it was hilarious to me because someone in his position of doing a technology blog would clearly understand why that happened immediately.
    nikkisharif and rellyrellz like this.
    09-23-2014 08:44 PM
    Oh I know, I wasn't directing that particularly at you...just saying, the guy was just baffled in the video that the Note 3 wouldn't bend, and it was hilarious to me because someone in his position of doing a technology blog would clearly understand why that happened immediately.
    It's just Apple bashing. Period.
    09-23-2014 09:05 PM
    They aren't primarily made of aluminum and as thin.
    Apple's fault for making it so thin. They KNEW people were going to be using them in the phone in their front pockets. There is zero excuse for them not making it resistant to something as simple as pressure from having it in your jeans.
    09-23-2014 09:07 PM
    It's like some nut dropping his new phone on purpose to test it, and it breaks the screen. Any phone can break or bend if you apply enough pressure. This comes from the haters.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    It's nothing like that. Your phone is not designed to be dropped and withstand it. But Apple DID know that people were going to put them in their pickets. And they released such a thin device anyway...
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    09-23-2014 09:11 PM
    Apple's fault for making it so thin. They KNEW people were going to be using them in the phone in their front pockets. There is zero excuse for them not making it resistant to something as simple as pressure from having it in your jeans.
    There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411521141.774858.jpg
    nikkisharif and rellyrellz like this.
    09-23-2014 09:12 PM
    Regardless if it's "bashing" or not it still hurts consumers if this happens to them in some way. Any number of freak accidents happen with cell phones and if it happened to someone.. Caused some damage and "bent" the phone... It would anger anyone. No one likes an expensive toy damaged .
    EmceeGeek and UJ95x like this.
    09-23-2014 09:25 PM
    Put a solid case on the phone and you won't have to worry. If not then have AppleCare+ and pay the deductible.
    09-23-2014 09:30 PM
    Regardless if it's "bashing" or not it still hurts consumers if this happens to them in some way. Any number of freak accidents happen with cell phones and if it happened to someone.. Caused some damage and "bent" the phone... It would anger anyone. No one likes an expensive toy damaged .
    Then the consumer should treat it like the expensive object it is. And make sure it is insured in some way.
    09-23-2014 09:30 PM
    Then the consumer should treat it like the expensive object it is. And make sure it is insured in some way.

I don't think the issue here is whether or not a freak accident can cause a phone made out of aluminum to bend. The proposed issue is whether or not normal use will cause the phone to compromise its inherent structural integrity. I don't believe the case has been proven as of yet. But it remains to be seen. It's way too early to decipher results from these documented cases. But it's definitely something to think about.
    UJ95x, M.Rizk and TomsAndroid like this.
    09-23-2014 09:36 PM
    In your opinion sure... But there is even an article on iMore talking about how to put it in your pocket properly. Sorry.. The phone shouldn't have to be so taken care of that it could potentially be bent in my pocket.. Where majority of phones go.

I get everyone loves their phone but sorry an issue is an issue. There is nothing wrong with discussing it. It's your opinion they should baby it.. I agree they shouldn't throw it around.. But putting in a pocket and causing damage? Shouldn't be that way.
    M.Rizk and 21stNow like this.
    09-23-2014 09:38 PM
    I have had my phone since launch day and have been very very careful with it. I wear dress pants For work every day and I already have a slight bend. I have to say I am a little disappointed
    EmceeGeek and xandrik like this.
    09-23-2014 09:38 PM
    I think putting it in a pocket in jeans and putting it in a pocket in skinny jeans are two separate things.
    09-23-2014 09:39 PM
    If you bought a brand new Lamborghini and took it up to redline right off the truck without adhering to the break in period instructions...you may end up with a broken car. Most owners would go about their business enjoying their new Lambo, but that one person would make the big stink, and it would echo across the market. People would take notice to it, and start to question the durability of Lamborghini's engineering and development.

George Carlin said it best..."Idiots are going to happen."
    09-23-2014 09:40 PM
    I have had my phone since launch day and have been very very careful with it. I wear dress pants For work every day and I already have a slight bend. I have to say I am a little disappointed
    They're going to keep making excuses for the bending. There is none in my eyes. I shouldn't have to use a case on my phone or not be able to put it in my front pocket. That's ridiculous. I'm sure Apple will do something about it though.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    09-23-2014 09:42 PM
    If you bought a brand new Lamborghini and took it up to redline right off the truck without adhering to the break in period instructions...you may end up with a broken car. Most owners would go about their business enjoying their new Lambo, but that one person would make the big stink, and it would echo across the market. People would take notice to it, and start to question the durability of Lamborghini's engineering and development.

George Carlin said it best..."Idiots are going to happen."
    Getting a car to red line and placing your phone in your pocket are really.. Really drastic scenarios... But you can have your opinion and I can have mine .
    UJ95x likes this.
    09-23-2014 09:43 PM
    If it's getting bent in a pocket, I can't see how that wouldn't hurt the leg and/or hip that it was pressing against. Especially if you were sitting down. And it something hurts or is uncomfortable when sitting down, I'm not just going to stay that way. I'm going to remove whatever is causing the discomfort or adjust it so it is no longer uncomfortable.
    09-23-2014 09:45 PM
286 12345 ...