There are a few cases of the iPhone 6 Plus bending, circulating online

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is certainly not the first time a larger screen metal chassis phone has had bending reports...check out google for yourself if you're curious. It was happening so often with certain Galaxy S models that iFixit had a page dedicated to replacing the frame on the phone, lol!

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S4+Midframe+Replacement/16462

Just FYI, this also happened when the iPhone 5 first came out.

If you're putting your phone in your pocket in a way that enough pressure is being put on it to bend it, then you need to stop putting it in your pocket and buy a holster or something.

Why am I not surprised at the OP on this one, LOL!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is gonna be the new antenna gate though. Us prudent people know the difference between legitimacy and bullcrap. But now people who probably wear jeans that look like they're painted on post a couple of pictures of their bent large sized phone on a forum, trigger these "tests" of brute force, thus enabling mainstream media reporting of this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's because the consumer market is so full of moronic idiots.

They should try charging the device in the microwave before sticking it in their pocket...at least then they'll have a full charge via the "Wave" technology. :beer:

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Even if people do wear jeans that "look like they've been sprayed on" a phone should still be strong enough to not "bend" under the pressure of day to day use.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Even if people do wear jeans that "look like they've been sprayed on" a phone should still be strong enough to not "bend" under the pressure of day to day use.
It's a LARGE sized phone. A huge thin piece of aluminum stuck in between human flesh and tight-a$$ jeans. What else do you think can happen?

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
They aren't primarily made of aluminum and as thin.

Again, your point? Defending apple by telling me what it's made out of isn't really a defense, you're merely highlighting the design floor in the product. I'm a huge apple fan boy but a phone shouldn't "bend" in someones pocket, I don't care how tight their trousers are

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Again, your point? Defending apple by telling me what it's made out of isn't really a defense, you're merely highlighting the design floor in the product. I'm a huge apple fan boy but a phone shouldn't "bend" in someones pocket, I don't care how tight their trousers are
Because you choose to look at it that way and try to defy logic.

I guarantee you those forum members who posted those pics wear tight, tight jeans. Of course the thing is going to be prone to damage when it's that big.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Ill be more cautious but no worries here. I don't mind the "gates" that pop up each year. Especially if Apple mitigates the issue in future models.

Is it fair that Apple receives the scrutiny? Probably not but that's the price you pay when you have a top brand. Any android maker would love to have this much attention.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Join the legion of morons that buy into that crap...like they did when the iPhone 5 came out and people were bending them in their front pocket under "normal use", LOL!

Other phones did have reports of frame bending...I posted one of them earlier, but if you want read about more, go google it yourself.

You know what you'll hear about "Bend Gate" in 3 months? Crickets. New phone, people need something to complain about...happens with EVERY smart phone that comes out, not just iPhones.

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Well in my opinion why are you putting a phone as large as this one in places where you sit. Too me this sounds like some people who forgot to take their phone out of their pockets when they sat down.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's like some nut dropping his new phone on purpose to test it, and it breaks the screen. Any phone can break or bend if you apply enough pressure. This comes from the haters.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 Plus bends!

I'm not concerned a bit, to be honest. That guy pressed the heck out of that thing to get it to bend and I don't foresee me putting that kind of pressure on my iPhone 6 Plus when I get it. Period. :)

Agree, take care of my devices, can't see this being an issue for me.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys and gals, metal is malleable. This is physics. A larger phone also means a larger moment arm meaning a smaller force required to bend something. I really thought people knew this and now people are revealing their ignorance of this? With larger phones you need to be careful. Why are people acting surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2