iPhone 6 Plus Scalper Heaven

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I was reading over at the AT&T forums and came by a reference to this:

Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 8.11.44 PM.png

Granted, I was disappointed by having to wait at least 2-3 weeks more. But, this is just pure stupidity. Instead of feeling like I should slam AT&T for their idiotic treatment of Premiere customers, the real villain are these scalpers. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these scalpers created bots to mass order devices so they could be resold while supply was high.

Pathetic.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Scalpers do stink, but probably no way to stop them. I just left an Apple store in my area and the security yards were complaining about people butting in line all day.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I had a lady asking me about unlocked phones today while I was in line because she wanted to buy a bunch and bring them back to China.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
i had a group of brasilians behind me. they were like 5 and they all got 2 iPhones plus each. the second i looked back they were already selling it and counting money.

I was so jealous!!!! i should have gotten another plus and sell it there and make lots of money. but i was so sleepy and tired i couldn't even think properly.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
This is where I agree with selling only to people who are there. Many 6+s are just sitting in their boxes not being used and waiting for someone to buy them on eBay.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Asking $1400 is not getting $1400. And, quite frankly--if someone is dumb enough to pay $1400 for it, more power to the seller.

when i was leaving the store, an old guy bought a phone to another guy for 1000 bucks. it was an iPhone plus. the guy was counting the money in front of everyone. i was shocked... i was so jealoussss lol.

Last edited:

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I sold my 16GB plus today for $1050. I had not planned on selling it, but the offer was too good to turn down. I deposited the money, went home and ordered the 64GB and a leather case. Still have $100 left over. Now I just need to wait... Such a long wait, but it will be well worth it. You can't take too many 240 fps slow-mo videos with 16GB of space!

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I sold my 16GB plus today for $1050. I had not planned on selling it, but the offer was too good to turn down. I deposited the money, went home and ordered the 64GB and a leather case. Still have $100 left over. Now I just need to wait... Such a long wait, but it will be well worth it. You can't take too many 240 fps slow-mo videos with 16GB of space!

You should've upgraded to 64 gb with the profit! I filled up my 16gb 5s in a matter of days...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the problem here...you're mad at resellers selling high? You must hate the stock market then, because that's all that happens there. I have ZERO problem taking advantage of people's impatience. You want to give me $1,500 for an iPhone I just bought for $900? You go right ahead, I'll sell it to anyone and everyone willing to do so, and i'll sleep like a baby that night.

I had an auction for mine up on eBay, and it hit $1190 and had 14 hours left...just not enough profit in it for me to cross that point of no return 12 hour mark, so I canceled the auction and plan to just hang onto it. If there's still a major demand for it later next week I might look into it again.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
69680ebe6c6f28841249de07b2010284.jpg

Wow. Just wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't see the problem here...you're mad at resellers selling high? You must hate the stock market then, because that's all that happens there. I have ZERO problem taking advantage of people's impatience. You want to give me $1,500 for an iPhone I just bought for $900? You go right ahead, I'll sell it to anyone and everyone willing to do so, and i'll sleep like a baby that night.

I had an auction for mine up on eBay, and it hit $1190 and had 14 hours left...just not enough profit in it for me to cross that point of no return 12 hour mark, so I canceled the auction and plan to just hang onto it. If there's still a major demand for it later next week I might look into it again.

That's why I like Amazon... Set the price you want and walk away. If someone wants it, they buy it. I sold mine on craigslist and it worked out okay.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
When I got to the front of the pre-order line this Jack a** came up and started harassing the me and then the next 4 people behind me saying we knew him and he was going to pay us $6000 to grab a phone for him. Might have been tempted but since in only pre-ordered one $6k was not enough to go in and get back in the madness that was the 5th ave apple store iPhone line :) He got a nice little visit by two NYPD officers

martinlmnt

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
It was happening in Glasgow. One guy was waiting beside the line and each time one of his people went in the store, when they came out they handed the phone to him - the process went on as long as I was in the queue anyway, by the time I left the store he had at least 7 or 8 phones. Crazy.

It's a shame for people who genuinely want the device and couldn't because of these morons wanting to make a quick buck...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77