What made you choose the 6 plus.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
As I continue to decide between the 6 and 6 plus I would love to hear why you guys went with the plus over the 6? The camera, battery? The size?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As I continue to decide between the 6 and 6 plus I would love to hear why you guys went with the plus over the 6? The camera, battery? The size?

As much as I like OIS, the screen size and battery are it for me. I came from an LG G3...... as much as I enjoy the 5/5S, once you go big, its hard to go back.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Deciding between the two was painstaking and this forum helped.

Ultimately, I decided on the battery life. That's really all it came down to for me. I carry two portable chargers around at all times. No matter how 'big' the iPhone 6 Plus is, I am sure carrying it will be an improvement to that.

With that said, I have been second-guessing a lot as I am sure my other thread indicates.

scwleung

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much what the others have mentioned. OIS and battery life. I'm also curious if it will eventually replace my iPad mini over time as well.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Screen size and camera. I have been wanting a larger iPhone for years. I love to take pictures and hate to carry a camera around. This combination should work perfect for me.

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been using larger android phones in addition to every iPhone model for years. The larger screen makes playing games easier for old farts like me.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty impartial at this point. OIS doesn't seem to be much of a factor in real-world testing, the battery is a plus but not a deal-breaker for me (regarding the 6), and the larger display is a moot point because while it's great for multimedia, it seems it can be slightly cumbersome for messaging and photography. So I think I'll be happy with either. If they have both I'm going to get the Plus simply because it's so much harder to find, but if not then it's not the end of the world.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I too used a G3 for a bit, but returned it later due to performance issues and because I was waiting for the new iPhones to hit. If the plus us around that sane size of the G3, I think it's live able . plus you get better battery.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Battery and screen size were the most important factors. While battery life is not that much more than the 6, it is more, and every bit helps when you're traveling. I was originally going to go with the 6 because I felt the plus would be too big, but I downloaded the templates and made some cardboard mockups, and it really wasn't that bad. My eyesight is not what it used to be, so the larger screen will hopefully help in that regard. The OIS was also a minor factor; I don't take many serious pictures, but it's nice to know that they could potentially look better in low light situations.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm pretty impartial at this point. OIS doesn't seem to be much of a factor in real-world testing, the battery is a plus but not a deal-breaker for me (regarding the 6), and the larger display is a moot point because while it's great for multimedia, it seems it can be slightly cumbersome for messaging and photography. So I think I'll be happy with either. If they have both I'm going to get the Plus simply because it's so much harder to find, but if not then it's not the end of the world.

That pretty much sums it up for me. In fact, I wouldn't even bother to line up for a 6 since those will be super easy to find at most places. So since I'm doing the line thing at Verizon I think I know which one I really want but will be ok if I can't get the Plus. Wife wants the 6 so I can give it to her later and get a Plus when it is in stock. It's a win either way.

As to why I want the Plus? Screen. Screen. And more screen... I've always put a lot of weight on screen quality. This is the best one yet for an iphone. Hard to say no..

DeJonneJ

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm replacing my iPad with the 6 plus so screen size was a factor, plus the bigger battery. But honestly the biggest benefit is that im gonna use verizon edge and I was gonna go with a 64gb 6(the jump from 16 to 64 is too big of a bargain imo) but it's only an extra 5 bucks a month for me to get the plus. So gold is in my future lol

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Screen size and battery for me. I don't care so much about the camera - I am very much a multimedia and text based communication person and for those reasons the larger screen will be handy, and also, naturally, the bigger battery is helpful. Could I have survived with a 6? Yep but I'd rather not worry about my phone dying (and therefore having to take my external battery with me) during classes - I record lectures and so my phone stays active for hours on end.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Screen Size and Battery life. I can't go 3 hours without having to plug my Android in and that's with minimum usage. I need a dependable device that I can at least make it from 7am til 3pm.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I chose the 6Plus since I am used to GNotes and now that I got a new MBP and other apple gear it just made sense to get the largest screen and storage size available. Pre-ordered mine tonight from AT&T though our corporate discount. I figured why bother waiting around tomorrow on my vacation day when I already know you won't be able to get a 6+ 128GB at any ATT stores and apple stores if thy have any will likely sold out quick.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2