SO, Apple canceled my order...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Man bummer.. sorry to hear that happened... Maybe call AT&T and ask to speak to customer relations and address the issue. If not this will happen again and again....

good idea, talk to the Retention Dept and tell them you are closing your account since you are out of contract right?? I'm sure that'll make them move a little faster since it was their mistake after all

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
OMG I would be livid.
Is there anyway at all that you could switch carriers?
It might not get you a phone any faster but if a carrier screwed me over like this I would drop them like a steaming, oozing sack of refuse, seriously.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
This is an update

I called att and appl again this morning. They both keep saying it's not their fault but whose fault is this then. Att opened a case with apple and told me they will do everything in their power to get me the iPhone on Friday. Att will call me tomorrow. Hopefully with good news. Otherwise I'll hve to go to an Apple Store on Thursday night.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm just curious. Did you get an email from Apple with a reservation number the morning after you pre-ordered? Apple was having lots of issues getting go aheads from carriers because of system failures on Thursday night/ Friday morning.

I received an email from Apple on Friday morning with a link directing me to finish the order I made those few hours earlier to basically confirm my eligibility. They insisted it be done within 24 hours. Which was funny seeing that I paid full price anyway. I went through the steps only to get to the part where they said there was an order for that account already. I spoke to an Apple rep on Monday and they told me that email was going out to people during that time their system was having trouble getting the go-ahead from the carriers. She assured me I was fine and that my order would be ready for an in-store pickup on Friday. Are you sure you didn't get an email like that?

When I called apple. I told them I was reading some forums saying that some ppl received some emails the next day to confirm their status with the carrier. After putting me on hold for 15 minutes, he said that those emails were sent to people that got an error while pre ordering the phone.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I really hope you hear some good news tomorrow. They really do need to make it right for you, especially because they majorly screwed up. I don't see how any of this was your fault - it seems more like the automated system didn't do what it was supposed to do (in the final confirmation steps) due to server overload on the part of the preorder but why that was supposedly your fault and therefore something you should be penalized for is beyond me.

In my opinion what they should have done is went ahead with the fulfillment, and if Apple didn't get upgrade eligibility confirmation they should have sent that to AT&T and had them try to charge the remainder on your bill (and AT&T would have seen that you were, in fact, eligible and all would be well). Course, that is far, far too logical.

ben182tx

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I was about to call AT&T, but decided to check UPS one more time via reference, and finally a tracking number showed up. So I guess I am now no longer worried that my phone isnt coming. Whew.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I was about to call AT&T, but decided to check UPS one more time via reference, and finally a tracking number showed up. So I guess I am now no longer worried that my phone isnt coming. Whew.

Yep, using the Track by Reference with my phone number brought my tracking number up for me on UPS. Currently departing Nashville, TN. Even though I know my order shipped apparently....still waiting to get the text/email from Apple that it has shipped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77