The wait...oh, the wait...

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I've always maintained that I will wait until the initial madness of the 6 Plus died down and people had them and could report on any issues or troubles they were experiencing before buying. I figured I'd wait a few weeks, then pull the trigger on the 6 Plus. Now...I'm already growing impatient and the dang thing isn't even out yet. With reports of demand and shipments of 3-4 weeks away, it seems like my wait might be early 2015? How can I make it that long?! Will life stop? Gahhhh!!! Dang you Apple for making phones so well!!!

PS: I've never had this feeling with previous iPhones. That's how excited I am for bigger screens.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've always maintained that I will wait until the initial madness of the 6 Plus died down and people had them and could report on any issues or troubles they were experiencing before buying. I figured I'd wait a few weeks, then pull the trigger on the 6 Plus. Now...I'm already growing impatient and the dang thing isn't even out yet. With reports of demand and shipments of 3-4 weeks away, it seems like my wait might be early 2015? How can I make it that long?! Will life stop? Gahhhh!!! Dang you Apple for making phones so well!!!

PS: I've never had this feeling with previous iPhones. That's how excited I am for bigger screens.

Totally understand. This is the first time I preordered. I learned a hard lesson last year when I had to wait until November to get my gold iPhone 5s in gold. Not this year.

I didn't get the 6+ because I think it's too big for me. But I totally understand where you're coming from.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's all good, my friend, and I'm sure many others feel the same way...:)....I doubt you'll have to wait that long to get a new device.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Why not just go ahead and wait a few hours in line to get one on launch day? There's no way I could wait longer than the launch date.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that waiting game is something.....I originally wanted the plus...but trying to preorder after waiting a hour and half for AT&T site to finally work at 430am....I saw the wait was already at 22 days for the plus, and I was kinda skeptical about the size......I just couldn't wait lol I mean I could....but didn't want to....want to get rid of my current phone asap. So I got the 6 and itll be here Friday.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I preordered the iphone 4 back when I was with verizon. That was a big thing then since that was the first time the iphone was on another carrier other than at&t. Took maybe a week and a half. Currently with tmobile and just preordered today. Tmobile claims it should be on my door step by september 25. So ten days. Whether or not they still have some for preorder on tmobiles end I don't really know. But if previous experience is true then I'd say two weeks tops. I'm sure apple is saying 3-4weeks just incase something happens. They've been doing this for so many years now I'm sure there is alot of them ready to go in the next week or so. They just want to be able to tell the interweb that they ran out of pre-order stock.

And yes. . .I can't wait.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the wait for your preorder to be shipped later is a good thing. Apple has a special team that tackles and fixes the iPhone flaws at each launch. I think this time it is more important than in the past because of the new sizes. By the end of this month or early next month, all the potential problem will be addressed and fixed, and your device will be flawless when it arrives.

rgood0810

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The waiting is terrible I preordered in the first 10 and my date is the first week of oct. But I will be in line somewhere Friday morning.....

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
apple is pretty good when releasing products that don't have major flaws and usually anything minor is fixed with a quick software update. I stopped fighting myself and gave into the madness right away lol

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the wait for your preorder to be shipped later is a good thing. Apple has a special team that tackles and fixes the iPhone flaws at each launch. I think this time it is more important than in the past because of the new sizes. By the end of this month or early next month, all the potential problem will be addressed and fixed, and your device will be flawless when it arrives.

I usually do this. Wait about a month so I don't have to deal with any issues that the first batch of phones may have. Not this year though! I'm too hyped, I want it now! Not now, but right now!!!

I missed the preorders so I'll be camping out the night before, can't wait to get my hands on the 6+! Can't wait!!!

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Wish I could camp out and get it Friday but I just can't. I teach high school and when I miss it really just creates more work for me. Plus, I love my job, and I'd feel guilty. Gahhhh. I should have agreed to go out with that Verizon clerk last time I was there dangit!!!!

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I usually do this. Wait about a month so I don't have to deal with any issues that the first batch of phones may have. Not this year though! I'm too hyped, I want it now! Not now, but right now!!!

I missed the preorders so I'll be camping out the night before, can't wait to get my hands on the 6+! Can't wait!!!

I could never do that. But, because if I didn't get the storage and color I wanted then I'd be walking out empty handed. I'd rather wait a few days and get what I want without having to hope I get it. And who is your carrier? I just pre-ordered my phone earlier today. Whether or not I'm gonna get it in the 10 days that they claim or not is subjective. I'm hopeful though. :D

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
This is the first time I've pre-ordered an iPhone (or any phone). In fact, probably the first time I've ordered a phone within 3 months of release. I'm supposed to get it on the 19th, and even that wait is killing me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Totally understand. This is the first time I preordered. I learned a hard lesson last year when I had to wait until November to get my gold iPhone 5s in gold. Not this year.

I didn't get the 6+ because I think it's too big for me. But I totally understand where you're coming from.
You got a gold iPhone 5s in gold? What other colors did the gold iPhone 5s come in? :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You got a gold iPhone 5s in gold? What other colors did the gold iPhone 5s come in? :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

LOL!!!!! I need to step away for iMore for a while!!!!!

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I could never do that. But, because if I didn't get the storage and color I wanted then I'd be walking out empty handed. I'd rather wait a few days and get what I want without having to hope I get it. And who is your carrier? I just pre-ordered my phone earlier today. Whether or not I'm gonna get it in the 10 days that they claim or not is subjective. I'm hopeful though. :D

Yeah, I'd hate to settle for another color/capacity or leave empty handed, but I plan to get to the Apple store between 11:00pm- midnight. I'm on Sprint, so hopefully that improves my chances. I know most people are on either AT&T & Verizon.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could camp out and get it Friday but I just can't. I teach high school and when I miss it really just creates more work for me. Plus, I love my job, and I'd feel guilty. Gahhhh. I should have agreed to go out with that Verizon clerk last time I was there dangit!!!!

It's not too late, you can still call her! I don't know about you, but I'd totally ***** (rhymes with chore) myself out for an iPhone 6 Plus! :rotfl:

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I figured this one would be big...no pun intended! I do not know if it is more popular or they just made fewer. I preordered the tmobile version and it is showing the delivery estimate of Oct 1-6.