Time of delivery

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
This is my first year pre-ordering. I understand fed ex will "amp up" their drivers on launch day. And I know about when FedEx comes to my area. But on launch day, what has been your experience in when they deliver your new idevice on a launch day?

Thanks in advance.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Did you ordered through Apple or carrier? I know Verizon Wireless uses FedEx. I love FedEx as they are more flexible than UPS. Last time I ordered the iphone 5, the FedEx guy left the box on my front porch and saved me a trip to their office.

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I've only done two preorders but I've had different experiences. When I ordered my 5, I went through Apple and it was delivered by FedEx. Unfortunately, I wasn't home and they left a slip at the door and I went down to the FedEx sorting facility at around 8pm, stood in a huge warehouse, and asked the guys there if I could get my package. They were awesome and located it for me.

I just ordered my 6 through Verizon and it's also going through FedEx but I work from home so I don't have to worry about missing it. And from what I recall, FedEx is usually here earlier in the day. Probably before 3pm.

As far as I've known, they've always been strict about getting a signature for delivery.

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I ordered through the Apple Store app. I had two orders.

I have a tracking number from one using the trick on iclarified.com. It's a UPS tracking number and it's still in China as of about 5 minutes ago.

iClarified - Apple News - Use This Trick to See if Apple Has Shipped Your iPhone 6 Pre-Order

The other order, my first order, still doesn't have a tracking number, but the apple order page still shows on track to be delivered on 9/19.

Thanks for your responses!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2