I have an iPhone 5s that my daughter has just been using on WiFi, FaceTime etc. she somehow disabled the iPhone and it said “iPhone disabled connect to iTunes”. I was able to connect to iTunes and start the restore process, it then says it is removing the software and then just says “waiting for iPhone” and then gives an error that it can’t download the software (I forget the exact message). I have tried 4 times and get the same result each time. Now the phone will only go to the screen with the support.apple.com/phone/restore, iTunes logo and the image of the lighting cable.

What can I do to get it to load the software back onto the phone.

Tia
    08-14-2017 11:11 AM
    I think you need a dfu restore.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Take a glance at the above.

Take note of what this process will do and any potential pitfalls. Should do the trick though.

Is it backed up with iCloud?
    08-14-2017 01:18 PM
    Thank you. It is not backed up to iCloud.
    08-14-2017 01:25 PM
    Thank you. It is not backed up to iCloud.
    Hmm take a look at the article. Problem is a restore will reset the device before then give you an opportunity to restore backup data to the phone.

Sounds like you may have no option but to do it and take a hit on data. Sadly that's the unfortunate price of not using iCloud as a backup solution. Sorry.
    08-14-2017 03:44 PM
    Hmm take a look at the article. Problem is a restore will reset the device before then give you an opportunity to restore backup data to the phone.

Sounds like you may have no option but to do it and take a hit on data. Sadly that's the unfortunate price of not using iCloud as a backup solution. Sorry.

I will try this tonight. I am not concerned about anything that was on the phone, just want it to be able to be used again.
    jr866gooner likes this.
    08-14-2017 03:53 PM
    I will try this tonight. I am not concerned about anything that was on the phone, just want it to be able to be used again.
    How did you get on?
    08-16-2017 03:51 PM