I have heard the "Marimba" tone with no reason

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
As you can see I heard that tone only once in my phone. Is that a bug or what? Cuz it looks scary 😅Although I didn't set it as ringtones to any of the text, Mail or so. I checked the apps and didn't find the "Marimba" as default. This happened to me once. So do you know anything about this weird bug ?
Thnxx

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have heard the "Marimba" tone with no reason

Is it your default tone? Could it be set for a contact? It would have to be something that's been set. I don't know any apps that use that as their default alert. Go to Settings >Notifications > start at the top and work down checking each one. Then go to Settings >Sounds > check those. Then go to contacts and check those.

If you still can't find it, try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have heard the "Marimba" tone with no reason

thnx for the steps. i appreciate :). but this thing (the random alert that happened) isnt related to hacking, right ? i mean, it is not a sign of my phone got hacked or such, right ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

thnx for the steps. i appreciate :). but this thing (the random alert that happened) isnt related to hacking, right ? i mean, it is not a sign of my phone got hacked or such, right ?
No, no hacking. I've had mysterious tones go off as well. Many of us have. It's usually an email account or something. The tri-tone is what I heard for so long. Thought I'd never find it. LOL

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

No, no hacking. I've had mysterious tones go off as well. Many of us have. It's usually an email account or something. The tri-tone is what I heard for so long. Thought I'd never find it. LOL

phew, thnx . i didnt know that most of us have this problem. i was paranoid, but now since you have told me what it is, i musnt worry :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77