Incorrect Apple ID .. cannot be used to unlock this iPhone. What should I do?

daVinzy

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Incorrect Apple ID "...." cannot be used to unlock this iPhone.

Background:
I just use my iPhone for Calling Messages and Whatsapp. I never bother to update anything. I got my phone 5S when it was launched and i don?t even remember how many times did i update the iOS. Definitely my iPhone is not the latest.
Problem:
My phone just went dead, even when it was sufficiently charged. When i tried to hard boot (Power + Home) iTunes Sign was displayed on the screen thats it.
Took it to the service centre. They came back with my phone after a few mins and asked me to enter my Apple Id and Password. I didn't exactly remember the password(touch id spoils you).
Went on the appleid.apple.com and reset the password. (pls note,to the best of my knowledge, my apple id has been the same since i bought my phone). After reseting i tried to enter my id and password to activate. It said your information is incomplete. I went to my profile i was logged in and kinda just filled blank informations i never filled before. Everything was running fine on the Mac. I can even successfully log in to my iCloud account. Though i don?t remember ever setting up my iCloud account on my iPhone. I only have one apple device. so never bothered about the iCloud. (Mac is not mine, its my friends)
Now after signing out of all the iCloud and manage my id account. I went ahead and tried putting in the same apple id and the new reset password which is working perfectly fine with Online accounts. and Now New error came. Your Apple id is incorrect. "??..? cannot be used to unlock this iPhone.

Now what should i do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Incorrect Apple ID "...." cannot be used to unlock this iPhone.

The iCloud activation lock is enabled and being that you're already able to login to iCloud via a computer, that same iCloud username and passcode should disable the iPhone, but being that it's not, then either the iPhone is not yours or you're still entering information that is not associated with the account that is locked to the iPhone. Furthermore, being that the 'service centre' couldn't help you, there's nothing we can do for you in this regard either.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

This is just general advice to the world...if you're the kind of person who doesn't remember passwords and doesn't update their phone often...write your password down somewhere. My dad is notorious for doing this, and it's usually about an hours worth of jogging his memory in order to get the proper name/password combo.

All that said...what do you do now? Start over again and restore the device as new...and write your new password down somewhere.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I deal with this in work all the time. If your an adult and can't remember your password use an app or a pen and paper. It drives me crazy. I have to reset email passwords weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2