Can I activate a lost iPhone 5s with T-Mobile or Verizon?

I

iMore Question

Can i activate a lost iPhone 5s with tmobile or verizon

can i activate a lost phone

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can i activate a lost iPhone 5s with tmobile or verizon

Not sure at all what you are talking about, but if a phone has been reported lost or stolen, then you cannot activate it. Only the original person who reported it lost or stolen can rectify this. (And maybe not even then.)

Are you the one who reported it lost or stolen?

If not, from where did you obtain the device?

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Those are also two completely different types of carriers.
TMO can use almost any unlocked iPhone while Verizon will need to be a verizon branded unit. They only allow their equipment on their network.

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Those are also two completely different types of carriers.
TMO can use almost any unlocked iPhone while Verizon will need to be a verizon branded unit. They only allow their equipment on their network.

That's not correct, the iPhones starting with the 5s for Verizon come unlocked, AT&T is the only company that locks their iPhones to their network

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

That's not correct, the iPhones starting with the 5s for Verizon come unlocked, AT&T is the only company that locks their iPhones to their network
not quite... Those Verizon devices can be used on any other GSM network... They can not be used on Sprint... Verizon...to my knowledge...will NOT activate a device unless it was OEMed for use specifically on Verizon due to legacy CDMA network needs.

Now to the OPs question.... If the device in question is activation locked, it will be a useless device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2