Update to iOS 8.1.1?

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! I've been wondering if I should do the 8.1.1 update that recently became available. I did the update for my iPad 2, as the update says it has improvements for iPad and iPhone 4S, but I'm just wondering if I should upgrade my 5S. Did you guys? Normally I just do all updates that come along, but wasn't sure if I should skip this one. I read in one article that the update made the 5 so slow it was intolerable, but with 5S being an upgraded processor and all, I guess that wouldn't be an issue, right? Thanks!

Sent from my beautiful, gold iPhone 5S via TapaTalk.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most updates include security fixes and other things you need. You may not notice much though. 8.1.1 was mostly for older iDevices. But not totally.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Jenni, as pr1nce stated, the update is solid. Led also brought out other important points as well....with each update whether it specifically targets fixes for your device or not, most of the time Apple always has security fixes they've done under the hood, so to speak. So with each update that is released it is good to do.

I updated my 5S the day after 8.1.1 was available and it's running great. In fact, I have noticed improved wifi staying connected. Knock wood, I didn't really have a major issue on 8.1 but on rare occasion it would drop out. Now on 8.1.1 this hasn't happened.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much. We got both our iPads and iPhones updated now. Im not having any issues, all is good. I've always been diligent about doing my updates, so I will stick with them. Lol. I appreciate everyone letting me know how it was behaving on your devices.

Sent from my beautiful, gold iPhone 5S via TapaTalk.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77