I keep getting disconnected when trying to update to iOS 8.0.2 (not using Wi-Fi). Can you help me?

dheerpat

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
i have iphone 5s on ios 7..while updating to 8.0.2 thur itunes i am getting connection time out just 7 seconds before 1.9 gb file is downloaded..
i must have tried 10-15 times..every time it gets disconncted at 10-15 seconds remaining:confused:
i also tried to directly doenload .ipsw files from links posted on various website..that too facing same disconnection problem...i could easily update my ipad to 8.0.02 thru itunes..what could be the problem,,,i even dsabled my firewall and i have no antivisrus installed..i am on windows vista and latest itunes version,, i dont have wifi so depending upon pc to update...i am from india...

btw is the psw file available on some torrent so that i can avoid apple server due to frequent disconnections if its server problem..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: I keep getting disconnected when trying to update to iOS 8.0.2 (not using Wi-Fi). Can you help me?

If you were to seek "ipsw downloader" via Google, you will find it quickly....:)....However, it would help if you had access to Wi-Fi, depending on the speed of your cellular data and the type of data plan you have. In regard to why the previous download times-out, I can only assume it is due to slow internet speed or because it detected that you were using cellular data. I really don't know.

dheerpat

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
hi i have a broadband connection i never get any such disconnection problem using everyday as said i even updated my ipad successfully

dheerpat

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
what i dont get is that when i download from links provided in various websites why same problem i mean i thought itunes is having some network connection issues..do these website links also connect to itunes for download?

gordon1979

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem, too w. my 5s. What helped in my case was that straight after the download started I opened the download manager. In the device screen where you also see the update button there is a button w. an arrow pointing down. This button is in the upper right corner. Start the downlaod and push this button. it will show you the progress and more important: the download will finish.

Gordon

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77