Staying with my iPhone 5s. What will I miss out if I don't get the 6?

paramaribo

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
After installing IOS 8 and pretty happy with it I think I will keep my 5S for another year and wait for the 6S.
What will I be missing out if I don't get the 6..."not much". Thinner phone, larger screen and NFC and I am not sure the processor will be that much faster and oh yes the 6 or 6S will have a HD display. Untill i walk into a Bestbuy or Apple store who knows I might change my mind but right now hmmmmm no. What's your thoughts and opinion on this?
Thanks

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

I'm kinda feeling the same way, but the screen size of the iPhone 6 and 6plus is ....ENTICING.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
re:

If I had the cash available I would get the 6/6+ for sure. Leaning more toward the plus. But I'll have to wait on a 6S plus.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
re:

My wife is up for an upgrade from her 4S. I told her to get the 6, but she said she would be fine with the 5S. Apparently the smaller screen is more preferred. I imagine Apple will keep the 5S for a while depending on how the demand is.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
re:

After installing IOS 8 and pretty happy with it I think I will keep my 5S for another year and wait for the 6S.
What will I be missing out if I don't get the 6..."not much". Thinner phone, larger screen and NFC and I am not sure the processor will be that much faster and oh yes the 6 or 6S will have a HD display. Untill i walk into a Bestbuy or Apple store who knows I might change my mind but right now hmmmmm no. What's your thoughts and opinion on this?
Thanks

The biggest plus (pun intended) is the screen size and the 128GB option.
I'm out of that phase where I NEED a new phone yearly.

I love the S models- when you upgrade on the S cycles you get your money's worth:
1) new design
2) upgrades of the regular iPhone model
3) upgrades of the iPhone S models
4) new features of two iOS versions

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
re:

Think moving up from the 5s, is gonna be the hardest yet. It such a great device.

I am thinking the same thing. I ordered my wife her iPhone 6 Plus today and was about to give them the go ahead to send me one as well but just could not pull the trigger. I am going to wait and see how I like hers. The main thing I am scared of is the size. If and when I upgrade I may just get the 6. I don't know if I could deal with something as big as the Plus hanging on my side all day.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

I am thinking the same thing. I ordered my wife her iPhone 6 Plus today and was about to give them the go ahead to send me one as well but just could not pull the trigger. I am going to wait and see how I like hers. The main thing I am scared of is the size. If and when I upgrade I may just get the 6. I don't know if I could deal with something as big as the Plus hanging on my side all day.

So much for that, lol, walked in just to take a look and ended up walking out with the 6.

rootbeersoup

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
re:

If it makes you feel better, I returned my 6 after using it for a day and will be getting a new 5S instead. Didn't care for the phone. Beautiful screen though.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Looking to stay with my 5S. What will I be missing out if I don't get the 6?

I'm staying with my 5S. It's such a great device. My son got an iPhone 6 and is tempting me but I'm going to wait until next year. I don't need a new phone every year.

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
re:

What will you miss by not getting the 6...

The hype?

I'm keeping my 5S but I pre-ordered the 6 Plus 128GB because of it and that I have an addiction.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

I am keeping my 5s as well for now. I walked into AT&T and checked out the demo models yesterday. The screens were gorgeous but nothing else tempted me.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
re:

I'd really love to get the 6 plus but I just can't justify spending the money. I still love the design of the 5s more than any other phone out there. It also works very well. Perhaps if I had a lot of disposable income I would do it, but I would still miss my 5s. I will wait until the 6s plus.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
re:

Went to the apple store yesterday the 6 is a cool size not too big not too small and the plus is great but I love my 5s I could wait till May of next year to upgrade but the 6s plus will have more features better processor speed and everything I'm going to hold on be patient and wait

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

I have to stay away from the Apple Store. I couldn't resist upgrading to the 5s from the 5 when I took my 5 in there for the sleep:awake button.

So I may not be able to walk out of there without making a commitment on a 6. :D

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

paramaribo

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
re:

Was at the Bestbuy store yesterday close to closing time that way nobody stands behind to check the phone 6 and rush me but anyway I checked it out and was not impressed and decided to stick with my iphone 5s which still looks like new. The iphone 6 is really not that much bigger and i don't need NFC and the 5S display is still gorgeous and the processor speed is slightly slower than the iphone 6 which makes me believe that when the 6S comes out there will be many hardware changes and that makes sense. I am up for a new phone and unfortunately the 6 did not impress me at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2