Like others have said it's really personal choice, I just bought a glass screen protector from eBay some Chinese company but it works just great =p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-27-2014 02:13 PM
    A screen protector made out of glass. Would not that break?

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB
    08-27-2014 08:05 PM

Yes if you dropped it. Better than your actual screen breaking though.
    08-27-2014 10:07 PM
    Personal preference, I do not have the patience to apply a screen protector on my own which is why my otterbox already came with one on so I am good.
    08-27-2014 10:29 PM
    nope, you sure do not

now carry on with the more important things in your Life
    08-27-2014 10:34 PM
    Yes. Screen are fragile and keeps resale value.
    ChamNG likes this.
    08-27-2014 11:20 PM
    Yes. Screen are fragile and keeps resale value.
    Screen protectors do not keep resale value any higher than a phone that does not have one on it.
    08-27-2014 11:23 PM
    Screen protectors do not keep resale value any higher than a phone that does not have one on it.
    Humm, I would think that would depend on whether or not the screen without a protector has microscopic scratches or not. It's been my experience that no matter how careful one is with their device, those microscopic sratches seem to appear when no protector is being used.
    ChamNG likes this.
    08-27-2014 11:37 PM
    Humm, I would think that would depend on whether or not the screen without a protector has microscopic scratches or not. It's been my experience that no matter how careful one is with their device, those microscopic sratches seem to appear when no protector is being used.
    No scratches at all on my iPhone 5S...never had a screen protector, and has been dropped several times. Of course damage would regulate value, but his insinuation was that using a screen protector will retain device value, and it surely CAN do that, but you'll get the same exact value without a screen protector if you take care of your device and don't scratch the screen.
    08-28-2014 12:08 AM
    I do try to take care of my toys but as they say, **** happens.

I know it feels better without it but if a $5-10 screen is going to save it why risk it?
    08-28-2014 12:17 AM

if you buy your glass protector from tech armor, they have lifetime warrenty if you buy from them or amazon. you file a warrenty request on there website you do the process and they replace it for you. usually i dont know if they do but like with zagg you proably pay shipping they say on the site they dont charge you for it but even if they do its few bucks you get your expensive glass protector replaced. also if you do say drop your ipad or iphone the glass is supposed to crack, but not shatter so it doesnt damage the device and you can take it off in one piece. i have however dropped my phone on pavement by accident theres not mark in the glass.
    08-28-2014 01:27 AM
    no doesnt need that.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    08-28-2014 03:30 AM

I know it feels better without it but if a $5-10 screen is going to save it why risk it?
    I don't view it as a risk at all...which is why I feel it's not worth it. That and I can clearly see when a phone has a screen protector, and to me it doesn't look (or feel) right. Preventing situations where it COULD get scratched is a much more beneficial action to me...and that's free.
    08-28-2014 03:35 PM

You can literally take every single key on a set of keys and try hard to scratch the screen of an iPhone and you'll have trouble.
    08-28-2014 05:18 PM
    You can literally take every single key on a set of keys and try hard to scratch the screen of an iPhone and you'll have trouble.
    I'm not particularly worried about scratches either. I've never had an issue with scratches. The phone is either in my hand, my pocket, my purse, or my nightstand.
    08-28-2014 05:25 PM
    I'm very careful with my phones. I've never used a screen protector on any phone. Never had any scratches.
    08-28-2014 05:38 PM
    Use a good quality one. You won't note it... I started using since I saw the first scratch on my Phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-28-2014 06:42 PM
    I recommend it, if you want to keep your screen in excellent condition and considering selling it down the road.
    calebt likes this.
    08-29-2014 12:40 AM
    Well seems a bit useless ... maybe in the first smartphones it was needed , however now today's screen is strong enough .

By the way those glass protectors are total waste of money , my iPad screen broke ( with the glass ) from 30 cm fall ....
    09-01-2014 04:57 AM
    I don't use a screen protector for my iPhone, I think its more of a personal choice but that's me.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    09-01-2014 07:08 AM
    Well seems a bit useless ... maybe in the first smartphones it was needed , however now today's screen is strong enough .

By the way those glass protectors are total waste of money , my iPad screen broke ( with the glass ) from 30 cm fall ....
    I had a screen break inside an Otterbox. If it falls right nothing is going to stop it from breaking.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    09-01-2014 09:12 PM

I agree. Case in point - I handed my phone to my Mother-in-Law so she could watch a video I was showing her. We both fumbled the handoff, and the phone took a header onto the concrete and landed face down. Case and screen protector kept it scratch-free.
    09-01-2014 10:13 PM
    I've never used one before and it showed. Three phones had scratches on the front but I never liked using one.

My girlfriend took the smart route and applied a screen protector before giving it to me, so now I have no choice.
    It hardly gets in the way, although you can see it's there.

Would prefer not using one but I guess I've proven to be a tad clumsy in the past so it's my own fault!
    09-06-2014 08:36 AM
    I've never used one before and it showed. Three phones had scratches on the front but I never liked using one.

My girlfriend took the smart route and applied a screen protector before giving it to me, so now I have no choice.
    It hardly gets in the way, although you can see it's there.

Would prefer not using one but I guess I've proven to be a tad clumsy in the past so it's my own fault!
    Try a glass one you can't even tell it's there.
    09-06-2014 08:42 AM
    Try a glass one you can't even tell it's there.
    I'll look into that.
    It feels wrong to mess with the phone's design, so the less of an obstruction it is, the better.

It's why I'll never use a case either. I understand why many people do, but it makes the iPhone a sad panda knowing you're locking him up.
    Or something.
    09-06-2014 08:53 AM
66 123