I can open a zip file on my iPhone or iPad, why can't you?
    You can with the right app but not natively in iOS.
    01-14-2014 07:31 AM
    I can open a zip file on my iPhone or iPad, why can't you?
    Zipped attachment in an email? Ah yes this is now a native feature since iOS 7. Welcome to berry 2008.
    01-14-2014 03:57 PM
    You can with the right app but not natively in iOS.
    So what?
    That's why apple has the AppStore.
    01-14-2014 06:59 PM
    Zipped attachment in an email? Ah yes this is now a native feature since iOS 7. Welcome to berry 2008.
    Who cares about zip files in 2014?
    Or blackberry for that matter.
    01-14-2014 07:00 PM
    Who cares about zip files in 2014?
    Or blackberry for that matter.
    I don't know maybe my office.
    01-14-2014 07:22 PM
    Hmmm. Maybe my office also.
    01-14-2014 08:22 PM
    Didn't know people still used zip files.
    01-14-2014 08:26 PM
    Yep, they are alive and well. Virtually all downloadable programs, service packs, driver installs, etc use compression technology. They are just not called "zip". Why, for example, would I transfer an 11 gig file across the internet when I can "zip" it down to half a gig?
    eyecrispy likes this.
    01-14-2014 09:57 PM
    Funnily enough, there are 2 monthly reports that I need to submit that must be in .zip format.
    What's so funny about it? The fact that I can't do it on a Blackberry 10 device, despite it being a supposed "advantage" of the system.

One of the submissions needs to go through a web portal, which reports that the BB10 browser is not supported.
    The second requires a password protected zip file, which cannot be created using the Blackberry 10 file browser, yet can be done easily with a 3rd party app on my iPhone (not sure if an app exists on Blackberry to do the same).
    01-15-2014 01:03 PM
    Funnily enough, there are 2 monthly reports that I need to submit that must be in .zip format.
    What's so funny about it? The fact that I can't do it on a Blackberry 10 device, despite it being a supposed "advantage" of the system.

One of the submissions needs to go through a web portal, which reports that the BB10 browser is not supported.
    The second requires a password protected zip file, which cannot be created using the Blackberry 10 file browser, yet can be done easily with a 3rd party app on my iPhone (not sure if an app exists on Blackberry to do the same).
    Did you try changing bb10 browser to desktop mode?

Did you try looking for an app on bb10 that creates password protected zip files?

Do you use or own a bb10 device?
    01-15-2014 01:21 PM
    How about people use the phone that meet their needs! Both phone are great! I have the z30 and 5s both are great phones!
    01-15-2014 01:26 PM
    How about people use the phone that meet their needs! Both phone are great! I have the z30 and 5s both are great phones!
    Agreed I have z10 and 5s.
    01-15-2014 01:32 PM
    Yup, I agree. That has been stated several times in this thread alone. The problem with threads like these is that people are trying to convince others that their choice is superior, and this sometimes leads to stretching the truth, or outright fabrications. In those cases, people need to be called out.

Your first 2 questions are nullified by your third trollish one.
    Could you do us both a favour and refrain from replying to me anymore?
    I will put you on ignore to help facilitate this.
    FFR likes this.
    01-15-2014 01:39 PM
    Yup, I agree. That has been stated several times in this thread alone. The problem with threads like these is that people are trying to convince others that their choice is superior, and this sometimes leads to stretching the truth, or outright fabrications. In those cases, people need to be called out.

Your first 2 questions are nullified by your third trollish one.
    Could you do us both a favour and refrain from replying to me anymore?
    I will put you on ignore to help facilitate this.
    Sure
    01-15-2014 01:46 PM
    I liked the s2, had for nearly 4 years. I'm easy on my phones but stuff happens and the s2 took a few falls. In the end, took 4 years I got tired of clicky keyboard. BES integration is light years ahead of active sync. I had some great free apps I used constantly. However the shortfalls, like lack of popular streaming apps were annoying, and the slow processor.

The iPhone 5s is fast, lot of functionality and does cool things, however if you are a power email user, the email integration, which is a blackberry strong hold is just passable on the iPhone.
    I had both and they were both garbage. Company phone so I had to take what they offered but still, to each his/her own, but they were huge piles.
    01-16-2014 03:04 PM
    There's no denying that a few people find it to be the best solution for them. The problem is, the vast majority of people do not.
    Yeah, FEW, being the key word.
    01-16-2014 03:06 PM
    Did you try changing bb10 browser to desktop mode?

Did you try looking for an app on bb10 that creates password protected zip files?

I forgot how much troubleshooting there is when using a blackberry.
    01-16-2014 06:51 PM
    Yeah, FEW, being the key word.
    I think it's a matter of few actually know anything about the device, that bberry has a new OS written from the ground up, new devices, or that as of 10.2 android app loading is native. As with many products you can't possibly know whether it's a worthy solution without actually using. Having a great solution is only part of the equation and not the number one determinate of adoption ask Betamax, or plasma TVs

I guarantee apple when they release their HDTV will sell like hot cakes from day one, sight and use unseen.
    01-16-2014 07:31 PM
    I had both and they were both garbage. Company phone so I had to take what they offered but still, to each his/her own, but they were huge piles.
    I depends on what your definition of pile is. Cut and paste anyone? LED notifications? No doubt web browser sucked. However, I could set multiple daily alarms with oddball recurring schedules each with their own volume control. Custom profiles, led notification. Good Bluetooth. Original battery lasted almost 4 years and still got a decent days charge on it. Entire OS was integrated very nicely. They made a big mistake with the hardware, not software.
    01-16-2014 08:51 PM
    I think it's a matter of few actually know anything about the device, that bberry has a new OS written from the ground up, new devices, or that as of 10.2 android app loading is native. As with many products you can't possibly know whether it's a worthy solution without actually using. Having a great solution is only part of the equation and not the number one determinate of adoption ask Betamax, or plasma TVs

I guarantee apple when they release their HDTV will sell like hot cakes from day one, sight and use unseen.
    An incomplete os. Bb10 is a failure.
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    01-17-2014 08:28 AM
    An incomplete os. Bb10 is a failure.
    The uninformed opinion of the decade.
    01-17-2014 09:40 AM
    The uninformed opinion of the decade.
    Actually according to blackberry's past three quarters: write down(s) for unsold bb10 inventory, 40% of blackberry's employees laid off, replacing the CEO, Inability to sell the company, US and UK carriers starting to take bb10 off the shelves and offering direct fulfillment orders. Dropping all their odm partnerships and forging a new one with Foxconn to manufacture a cheap touch screen bb10 device to be sold in emerging markets.

Yeah I'm pretty well informed regarding bb10's abysmal failure.

Oh and Legacy devices out shipped bb10 devices last quarter by a factor of 3 to 1. Bb10 only shipped 1million*
    (This figure includes shipments made and recognized prior to the quarter) devices in It's third fiscal quarter.

Etc etc etc.

I hope you didn't pay full price for your bb10 handset.
    01-17-2014 10:06 AM
    I depends on what your definition of pile is. Cut and paste anyone? LED notifications? No doubt web browser sucked. However, I could set multiple daily alarms with oddball recurring schedules each with their own volume control. Custom profiles, led notification. Good Bluetooth. Original battery lasted almost 4 years and still got a decent days charge on it. Entire OS was integrated very nicely. They made a big mistake with the hardware, not software.
    I don't know why we are talking about a 4 year old phone as though it's anything like the phones berry is producing today?
    01-17-2014 01:19 PM
    Actually according to blackberry's past three quarters: write down(s) for unsold bb10 inventory, 40% of blackberry's employees laid off, replacing the CEO, Inability to sell the company, US and UK carriers starting to take bb10 off the shelves and offering direct fulfillment orders. Dropping all their odm partnerships and forging a new one with Foxconn to manufacture a cheap touch screen bb10 device to be sold in emerging markets.

Yeah I'm pretty well informed regarding bb10's abysmal failure.

Oh and Legacy devices out shipped bb10 devices last quarter by a factor of 3 to 1. Bb10 only shipped 1million*
    (This figure includes shipments made and recognized prior to the quarter) devices in It's third fiscal quarter.

Etc etc etc.

I hope you didn't pay full price for your bb10 handset.
    Unfortunately blackberrys comeuppance is too little too late. That doesn't take away that bbos is technically superior to iOS, IMO.

And that your sole argument consists of device shipments as a measure of superiority has me scratching my head about what you really understand about BB10.

Yes IOS is like the pretty dumb girl on a lot of teenage flicks. All show and little go, but very popular.
    01-17-2014 02:09 PM
    I have a Z30 and it is superior In many ways compared to my GS4. Just apps that are needed

Posted via the Android iMore App! on my BlackBerry Z30
    01-17-2014 02:34 PM
280 ... 34567 ...