Here's something I've noticed as of late. Randomly when unlocking my iPhone 5s (running 7.0.4) either by Touch ID or passcode the screen will quickly flash (or maybe it's a flicker) before showing the Home screen.

I have tried: Soft reset, Hard Reset and Factory reset. Still happens but it is still very random. I bought the phone in Oct and it's always been in a case. Yes, it has fallen once or twice but was only from pocket to floor so nothing major and nothing my iPhone 4 couldn't handle either

Any ideas or should I just bring it to Apple store or possible exchange?

Thanks!
    12-16-2013 12:26 PM
    Hello and welcome to iMore, if the problem is bothering you I would recommend taking your device to the apple store and allow them to take a look at it. If it is indeed a defect Apple is known to make it right, it could just be a loose connection which they can quickly remedy.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-16-2013 12:59 PM
    Are you using different wallpapers for lock and home screen?
    12-20-2013 04:35 AM
    Are you using different wallpapers for lock and home screen?
    Honestly that really shouldn't make any difference. I alway use two different wallpapers and it does not happen to my iphone 5s
    12-20-2013 11:17 AM
    Honestly that really shouldn't make any difference. I alway use two different wallpapers and it does not happen to my iphone 5s
    Maybe the OP isn't describing what is happening correctly? That's why I asked,as there is a brief flash of black as the wallpapers change.
    12-20-2013 12:09 PM
    Maybe the OP isn't describing what is happening correctly? That's why I asked,as there is a brief flash of black as the wallpapers change.
    Thanks for the replies. That is really the best way I can describe it - Unlock phone with passcode or touchID and sometimes there's a really fast flash of white. My wife got a 16GB White 5s at the same time I ordered mine and this does not happen on hers. I switched back to standard non dynamic wallpaper for both and still seems to happen. I have started to notice the swiping on the phone does not always respond right away either. I will try one more wipe and restore to see if this clears up the issues then if not I suppose a trip to the Apple Store is in order.
    12-23-2013 09:21 AM
    Thanks for the replies. That is really the best way I can describe it - Unlock phone with passcode or touchID and sometimes there's a really fast flash of white. My wife got a 16GB White 5s at the same time I ordered mine and this does not happen on hers. I switched back to standard non dynamic wallpaper for both and still seems to happen. I have started to notice the swiping on the phone does not always respond right away either. I will try one more wipe and restore to see if this clears up the issues then if not I suppose a trip to the Apple Store is in order.
    Iim experiencing the same thing as the OP. There is a "ghost" like effect caused but the transition of the screen. For example when the phone unlocks you can still see the time (from the lock screen) for a brief second. It doesn't bother me, but I've noticed it.
    12-26-2013 07:54 AM