iPhone 5s 32GB Screen flash/flicker?

DaMacDr76

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Here's something I've noticed as of late. Randomly when unlocking my iPhone 5s (running 7.0.4) either by Touch ID or passcode the screen will quickly flash (or maybe it's a flicker) before showing the Home screen.

I have tried: Soft reset, Hard Reset and Factory reset. Still happens but it is still very random. I bought the phone in Oct and it's always been in a case. Yes, it has fallen once or twice but was only from pocket to floor so nothing major and nothing my iPhone 4 couldn't handle either :)

Any ideas or should I just bring it to Apple store or possible exchange?

Thanks!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore, if the problem is bothering you I would recommend taking your device to the apple store and allow them to take a look at it. If it is indeed a defect Apple is known to make it right, it could just be a loose connection which they can quickly remedy.

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Honestly that really shouldn't make any difference. I alway use two different wallpapers and it does not happen to my iphone 5s
Maybe the OP isn't describing what is happening correctly? That's why I asked,as there is a brief flash of black as the wallpapers change.

DaMacDr76

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the OP isn't describing what is happening correctly? That's why I asked,as there is a brief flash of black as the wallpapers change.
Thanks for the replies. That is really the best way I can describe it - Unlock phone with passcode or touchID and sometimes there's a really fast flash of white. My wife got a 16GB White 5s at the same time I ordered mine and this does not happen on hers. I switched back to standard non dynamic wallpaper for both and still seems to happen. I have started to notice the swiping on the phone does not always respond right away either. I will try one more wipe and restore to see if this clears up the issues then if not I suppose a trip to the Apple Store is in order.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. That is really the best way I can describe it - Unlock phone with passcode or touchID and sometimes there's a really fast flash of white. My wife got a 16GB White 5s at the same time I ordered mine and this does not happen on hers. I switched back to standard non dynamic wallpaper for both and still seems to happen. I have started to notice the swiping on the phone does not always respond right away either. I will try one more wipe and restore to see if this clears up the issues then if not I suppose a trip to the Apple Store is in order.

Iim experiencing the same thing as the OP. There is a "ghost" like effect caused but the transition of the screen. For example when the phone unlocks you can still see the time (from the lock screen) for a brief second. It doesn't bother me, but I've noticed it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2