Music skips/stutters after unlocking the device using the Touch ID (iOS 7.0.4)

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay. So I just bought the new Drake album( best album of the year ). I've noticed when my phone is locked and the music is playing, when I unlock it with Touch ID the music skips and stutters then plays after a second or 2. Anyone have this issue?

Last edited:

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Okay. So I just bought the new Drake album( best album of the year ). I've noticed when my phone is locked and the music is playing, when I unlock it with Touch ID the music skips and stutters then plays after a second or 2. Anyone have this issue?
Do you use the iOS 7.1 beta 1?
Standard music player?

I had some strange issues with this beta and some music player replacements, too.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
No. I'm using iOS 7.04. It happened today when I was playing music at work. It was weird. Every time I unlocked my device it kept skipping.
But after a while it stopped. It's happened before though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This hasn't happened to my GOLD iphone 5s, it must be in the GOLD (only kidding). I will keep my eyes and ears open for such an occurance. Maybe a call to an Apple tech on what can/should be done

anon(5780458)

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is some kind of bug where it's actually relaunching the Music app and resumes playing from the last position, causing a break in the audio. Closing the app from the task switcher solved the problem. I initially caused it by using Touch ID to unlock with one finger while sliding the seek bar with another.