Viewing angle colour differences.

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Another "is this normal?" thread, I'm afraid.

Viewing my phone from the left gives the screen a yellow-cast tint.

Viewing it from the right gives a colder-cast tint, almost blue.

This is very faint and is much easier to see in a low-lit/dark room.

I tried it with my iPod touch (4th gen) and it exhibited the same behavior, but to a much more drastic extent.

For an example of it on an older iPhone, see this thread I found.

Are my iPhone 4S viewing angles "normal?" - MacRumors Forums

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Strange that no-one else is experiencing this. I had a look at my brother's 3rd gen iPod Touch, My Mum's 3rd gen iPod touch and my Stepdad's iPhone 3GS and they all did the same thing. In different rooms/lighting as well.

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Took pictures of my iPod 4th gen exhibiting this.

Left viewing angle:

BaESIjUCUAAVsBO.jpg:small

Right viewing angle:

BaESMghCMAAk4uN.jpg:small

You can see, clear as day, the cold/warm change in screen colour, can't you? The black bar with the time in it is blue in the first picture and brown in the second picture.

It's nowhere near as drastic on my iPhone 5S, but it still does it.

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Tried to take a picture of it on my iPhone 5S, with the iPod touch, so excuse the bad quality, but it's clearly visible here too.

BaEVgfxCUAAxRhR.jpg:small

BaEVd1fCAAERxJD.jpg:small

The bottom picture has the screen showing a slightly bluer cast over it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Strange that no-one else is experiencing this. I had a look at my brother's 3rd gen iPod Touch, My Mum's 3rd gen iPod touch and my Stepdad's iPhone 3GS and they all did the same thing. In different rooms/lighting as well.

Do any of the devices have a screen protector on them? Sometimes screen protectors can cause strange color variations on the screen when looked at from certain angles (kind of like when you look at an iOS device, or really any device like this, with sun glasses that are polarized).

ankush77

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
i think there can be some sort of hardware issue in your phone,but cannot be sure,also wanted to know does changing the wallpaper color sorts this issue or not??

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Just checked a colleague's iPhone 4S and on my lunch break, I had a look at my girlfriend's nephew's 4S, and both did the same, to the same extent as my iPod Touch did.

How is it that every one that I am seeing in real life exhibits this issue, yet everyone on here is saying that it's not happening on theirs?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just checked a colleague's iPhone 4S and on my lunch break, I had a look at my girlfriend's nephew's 4S, and both did the same, to the same extent as my iPod Touch did.

How is it that every one that I am seeing in real life exhibits this issue, yet everyone on here is saying that it's not happening on theirs?

Black magic maybe...perhaps you're the most unlucky iPhone owner...IN THE WORLD.

jeremy_clarkson_1_vjlns.jpg

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Only two of the devices are mine, though. The iPhone 5S and the iPod Touch 4th gen.

It's not like I'm making it up, or my eyes are tricking me either, as I've shown you pictures.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2