Water damaged iPhone 5S. Please help.

joeburke9

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
Hope someone can help me.
4 days ago I purchased a new black iPhone 5s and looked at it today to find that water is in the screen!!!!!! ( not sure how it happened. The phone is working correctly (thus far) It's just sole destroying to have dark watermarks on what I think is one of the phones best features, the screen.

I don't mind paying a bit to get it repaired bit don't really want to void my warranty, also the moisture detector in the sim is still silver does that mean that my warranty is still valid?

Any advice on how best I might be able to sort this or how to go about getting it repaired would be much appreciated. Or if anyone has any previous experience with a similar problem or this iPhone or another It would be gutting if my phone stayed like this.

Thanks in advance.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Agree take it to apple. If they don't help you could let it sit in a bag of uncooked (non instant) rice overnight which should draw the water out. Your sure nobody else had access to your phone? Child or spouse?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Apple will be able to tell you what happen more than likely. Make an appointment with the geniuses!

Do you shower with your phone in the bathroom by chance? Or sitting near a lot of moisture?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There are two moisture damage indicators...one in the SIM tray, and one inside the chassis itself. If either of them are triggered your warranty is toast anyways (unless you have Apple Care +). I would make an appointment with them. To be honest though, it is very obvious when an iPhone has been dropped into water in pretty much any regard, so just understand when you go in that they will know the extent of the water damage by looking at the issue you're having and the internal moisture indicator.

joeburke9

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
No I don't have apple +. Unfortunately I am in Malaysia for a the rest of the year and they have no apple stores, so therefore no genius's. I brought it from a premium retailer so will bring it in there. Will Apple still attempt to fix a phone. Dispute the presence of water bearing in mind everything is working dispite dark marks on the screen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No I don't have apple +. Unfortunately I am in Malaysia for a the rest of the year and they have no apple stores, so therefore no genius's. I brought it from a premium retailer so will bring it in there. Will Apple still attempt to fix a phone. Dispute the presence of water bearing in mind everything is working dispite dark marks on the screen.

This may seem like a silly question, but did you have any incident that may have caused the water damage yourself?

If not, I would certainly go back to the retailer and ask for a replacement.

joeburke9

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The only way it could of happened is a bottle split on it in my car, but then surly the phone would be wet and other parts damaged???

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only way it could of happened is a bottle split on it in my car, but then surly the phone would be wet and other parts damaged???

I mean only you know what has happened to your iPhone...if a significant amount of liquid got on my iPhone at any time, I wouldn't forget about it personally.

Marife Paguio

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

Well, It's almost like my problem now, I just bought my iPhone 5 days ago,was totally shocked how my screen have some little gray shadow inside my phone screen? First thing on my mind was is it water inside or moisture? How to resolve this matter without any expensive charge to it. I might be afraid if I asked this to some professional . It not quiet trusted. I really need some answers to it since I never or even accidentally drop it on the water.:confused::broken-heart::huh::concern:please HELP me so.

Marife Paguio

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello there jsntrenkler ! If I would then have to bag it rice, then I have to make sure some little holes on my phone should be safe. I will try to do it later hopefully it would work.:crying:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2