New 5s randomly rebooting/apple logo on screen

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so i got to my phone today in my car and pressed the home button to wake it up and it didn't respond right away then all of a sudden the apple logo popped up for 5 seconds then the pulldown screen came up. it was so weird. i have experienced the apple logo like that with my iphone4 but was wondering why it randomly reboots like this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are reported issues with iOS 7 and the iPhone 5S, and this could be one of them. Did you set up your new device by restoring from a backup? If so, try restoring it and setting it up as a new device and see if the problem persists.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i just wanna make sure its not my phone and being a hardware issue. if its a software bug/problem then it seems like it will be fixed out. you think its the physical phone?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i just wanna make sure its not my phone and being a hardware issue. if its a software bug/problem then it seems like it will be fixed out. you think its the physical phone?
I'm almost 100% positive that this is a software issues that should hopefully be corrected soon with an update from Apple.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
sounds good. so it hoenstly doesnt matter how many different 5s' you have? its the software that causes these problems and the physical hardware on the phone is 100% fine?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
sounds good. so it hoenstly doesnt matter how many different 5s' you have? its the software that causes these problems and the physical hardware on the phone is 100% fine?

To be honest, no one can diagnose a problem with your 5S over the internet.I'm speaking only by what I've seen with my own 5S and based on a lot of posts here and on other forums who all point toward the issue being software related. If it will ease your mind that you don't have a hardware problem with your 5S, it's best to call Apple and make an Appointment with a Genius to get it looked at.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
thanks for all the help. I called apple earlier and they said software as well but i wanted to check with the forum cause its always better to talk to multiple people who may experience similar problems. I might bring it in to the store and see what they say.

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
If it's not the ios7 the problem then take a appointment with Apple Genius Bar they'll fix that for you I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
its funny cause as crazy as this sounds its not an issue. i guarantee i cant repeat the issue and duplicate it when going to the store. its only happened once. sounds like a software problem for sure. let me know if any of you guys have the restarting issue. thanks

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue and I too thought it was a software issue as did the people at the apple store when I took it in a week and a half ago. They reset my phone and set it up as new, a week later I was still having same problem and I took it back.

They ran some test and that test confirmed it was a hardware problem and they swapped out my device and I haven't had it happen since and this is day 3 with the new phone.

Take the phone in, it costs you nothing to get it checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
so i got to my phone today in my car and pressed the home button to wake it up and it didn't respond right away then all of a sudden the apple logo popped up for 5 seconds then the pulldown screen came up. it was so weird. i have experienced the apple logo like that with my iphone4 but was wondering why it randomly reboots like this?

It happened to me about a hour ago same exact thing and it's about the second or third time it's happened so unless there is a bad batch of phones I'm guessing software and will just wait for a update to see.

juanc723

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
did they tell what hardware problems were occurring with your phone after they ran those tests?

whatever they said, they just say it to say something. they really dont do much at the apple store. they just swap it.

i went to replace my i5s yesterday and after the "sales guy" was giving me a hard time he finally replaced it and wanted to download ios7 in it because he wasnt sure if the new i5s had it in it already! yup you read that right!

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
did they tell what hardware problems were occurring with your phone after they ran those tests?

He just said that they plug it into something and if it reboots then it is a hardware problem. He said he plugged mine in and it rebooted a few times. I've had a couple reboots on my new device. I suspect some issues may be hardware and some software and it varies from phone to phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I am also having this problem about once a day. It usually happens when opening apps or returning to the home screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2