iPhone 5s Screen Size Concerns

Brutal Efficiency

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Actually for me the 5 and 5S is the absolute MAX threshold I can tolerate on device size. So if they go bigger on screen size, I won't be happy if the device size changes to accommodate that and will likely not upgrade because that's a dealbreaker. Part of why I don't want an Android phone (besides generally not wanting anything to do with that OS again) is that I don't want a big phone, a phablet or anything of the same. One hand use and being able to put it in my pocket is a big deal. I thought the 4/4S was even too big device-size-wise. I want something pocketable, women's pockets are not cavernous. Carrying it in my hand is not practical, and I don't want to have to put it in my purse because it's too big for my pocket.

I thought that I would be the same as you. That's why I love the Q10. Then I bought the Z30, a 5 inch screen. I find it great!! Even time I go back to use the Q10, there is always a second or two of 'man this is small!!'.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do people run a 'search' first in these forums anymore before starting a new thread? Just curious.
A great many do but I am sure one would have to say that the same amount if not more forget and don't hence the reason for duplicate threads. It is always going to be something that goes along with a forum as busy as this one. Right or Wrong!!

Not much of a concern of mine and you can also read my 2nd post to preference. :)

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the 4" very much. If I had to have a larger screen I would not want anything larger than 4 1/2" having said that anything larger like darn near almost all the Androids I don't want to carry around a hand held TV.

Last edited:

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The GS4 device size is not much different from the S3. Samsung added .2? by decreasing bezel size. They did the same in the Note III compares to its predecessor.

With gesture typing and S Voice and Google Now you can do a ton with one hand :)

Most people here are happy with their device sizes. It's why they bought the device. I had an i4 and went back to Android because the small screen is unusable for large amounts of reading and writing for me. Editing office documents on a screen that small just doesn't cut it for me. Web browsing also isn't as good.

I do like how apple put the front camera in the middle though ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
To be honest this is the only reason I am debating between platforms for my next purchase. I would like a screen larger than 4". If there was a 5" iPhone I would scoop it right away. I am still considering the iPhone 6 if it has a 4" screen.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the main issue is that Apple is missing potential customers by not offering a device with a larger screen. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I believe that Apple would get more customers if devices with both the current screen size and a larger screen size were available. I'm not saying the smaller screen size should be eliminated, but I believe 2 sizes should be offered. There are folks who will not even consider the iPhone due to the small screen size.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I think the main issue is that Apple is missing potential customers by not offering a device with a larger screen. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I believe that Apple would get more customers if devices with both the current screen size and a larger screen size were available. I'm not saying the smaller screen size should be eliminated, but I believe 2 sizes should be offered. There are folks who will not even consider the iPhone due to the small screen size.

Agreed.
I've said the same thing, 2 device sizes = wider addressable market with minor fragmentation.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone is the perfect size but I feel the screen can be bigger. When they made the 5 I just knew they would stretch the screen but it was just the opposite. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711