No sim tool in box

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why such a big deal about having no sim tool? Used a dang paper clip and save your money. 😁😁😳

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

The reason I asked is because I was under the impression that it came with the unlocked phones. It's not a big deal, just always had a carrier iphone. But I am getting ready to live in the UK for the next 4 yrs and would be swapping SIM cards a few times in the next couple months.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Odd. My 4s, my 5 and now my 5s all came with a sim tray removal tool in the box. It's attached to the flap on the cover that the paperwork is in. They were all unlocked Canadian models if that makes a difference.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Odd. My 4s, my 5 and now my 5s all came with a sim tray removal tool in the box. It's attached to the flap on the cover that the paperwork is in. They were all unlocked Canadian models if that makes a difference.

Must be international thing mine didn't come with one

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was talking with a rep at the Apple store Genius Bar yesterday about a different matter, but I asked about the SIM tool. His response was that they should be included with all unlocked phones, but not with the carrier-specific phones. The logic is that with an AT&T iPhone, for example, it comes with a SIM, and there should really be no need to open the SIM tray, whereas with an unlocked iPhone, it comes with no SIM, so the end user would have a need to be able to open the SIM tray.

Seems totally plausible to me.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
None of the 5s's came with a sim tool? Hm. Well the 5c's do. The unlocked ones anyway. I bet if they had unlocked 5s's they would also come with a sim tool.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
None of the 5s's came with a sim tool? Hm. Well the 5c's do. The unlocked ones anyway. I bet if they had unlocked 5s's they would also come with a sim tool.

Damn, son... can you read?

Where did anyone say that none of the 5S phones came with a SIM tool?

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Damn, son... can you read?

Where did anyone say that none of the 5S phones came with a SIM tool?

If none of the carrier models came with the sim tool, and the t-mobile model didn't come with the sim tool, then no iPhones purchased in the U.S. came with a SIM tool. The Canadian version, which I talked about earlier are being sold as unlocked thus come with sim tool.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
When I gave my Droid DNA to my boyfriend upon getting my 5S, I decided to keep the little tool just in case! He can use it should he ever need to, but I prefer the styling of the HTC version so I just wanted it. :laughing:

IMG_1225_zpsd72292d1.jpg

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If none of the carrier models came with the sim tool, and the t-mobile model didn't come with the sim tool, then no iPhones purchased in the U.S. came with a SIM tool. The Canadian version, which I talked about earlier are being sold as unlocked thus come with sim tool.

thatssotrue_1452_1330039770.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2