Returned my HTC ONE and ordered a iPhone 5S.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So after seeing that the ones battery was cutting it for me and that I simply wanted to go ask to iOS for a while, I then returned the one to the att store and ordered a 32gb space gray 5S.

What sucks if I have to wait to have it shipped to me since they did the have any in store.

What really sucks is now I have to use my brothers old feature phone because I don't have a smartphone right now.

Pray for me, everyone. It's gonna be rough for me :(

Anyway, how long should I expect it to take to get to me? They said the standard blanket statement that of 3 to 4 weeks. How soon can I expect it? Do they know how long I can take a old feature phone any option.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Those dates are over exaggerated by AT&T. Expect to have your 5S by no later than next week. I ordered a gold 32gb and 16gb silver September 30 from Att store. The gold got here October 5 and the silver is getting here tomorrow October 10. Mind you the gold had a 28-32 day wait and silver 7-14. Look I got the gold one first. Att shipped the gold one 2 day shipping and the silver the cheap ups ground way that's taking forever to get here.

*iPhone 5S from the mobile APP*

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Those dates are over exaggerated by AT&T. Expect to have your 5S by no later than next week. I ordered a gold 32gb and 16gb silver September 30 from Att store. The gold got here October 5 and the silver is getting here tomorrow October 10. Mind you the gold had a 28-32 day wait and silver 7-14. Look I got the gold one first. Att shipped the gold one 2 day shipping and the silver the cheap ups ground way that's taking forever to get here.

*iPhone 5S from the mobile APP*

I Hope This Is True But I Don't Think Its Going To Happen That Fast... IMO... Pray It Does Tho...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow. I was SOOOO close to blowing my upgrade and getting the HTC One. Really, really close. Glad I waited and didn't get buyer's remorse.

Last edited:

Philip Pearl

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing. I went from a 4S to an HTC One. I didn't want to blow my AT&T upgrade so I bought an unlocked One direct from HTC. It really is a beautifully made phone -- probably the nicest Android phone of them all. And the screen is just stunning. However, what got me to go back to iOS was the fact that, unlike with iOS, things generally don't "just work". Instead, you have to work to make them work, and I'm too old to waste time arguing with inanimate objects.

And if you think the Apple upgrade merry-go-round is a bit much, well, you haven't lived until you've experienced the massively fragmented Android upgrade experience: different versions for different phones for different carriers for different countries. It's hard not to get swept up in that whirlwind, and it's definitely (based on reading many posts online) more anxiety-inducing than anything Apple does. In addition, I wear jeans pretty much every day, and getting that One in and out of my front pocket was a bit annoyining.

By sheer luck I happened to score a gold 32GB 5S, so I sold the One online for almost as much as I paid for it and couldn't be happier. Just goes to show that the fact that something is excellent, like the HTC One, doesn't mean it's right for you.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Yay! The phone has shipped. Should be here by Monday, but probably sooner.

Glad your phone shipped :)

I know when I ordered mine at 12:04am on launch day 09/20/13), first I got an email stating my phone would ship between Oct 23-Oct 31st even though the AT&T website showed ships in 7-14 days. Then later the morning I got another email stating will ship between Oct 1st and Oct 14. Then in the afternoon around 5pm I got the Shipped confirmation email for delivery on Monday Sept 23rd....and received it as scheduled on 09/23. I was a happy camper:)

So as others have said, shipping times can be over-exaggerated and should be taken with a grain of salt so to say. It all depends on which fulfillment center it will be shipping from and what their particular stock looks like and so forth.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So after seeing that the ones battery was cutting it for me and that I simply wanted to go ask to iOS for a while, I then returned the one to the att store and ordered a 32gb space gray 5S.

What sucks if I have to wait to have it shipped to me since they did the have any in store.

What really sucks is now I have to use my brothers old feature phone because I don't have a smartphone right now.

Anyway, how long should I expect it to take to get to me? They said the standard blanket statement that of 3 to 4 weeks. How soon can I expect it? Do they know how long I can take a old feature phone any option.

I was told today that with AT&T silver and grey all memory sizes were available for immediate shipping.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So after seeingthe at the ones battery was cutting it for me and that I simply wanted to go ask to iOS for a while, I then returned the one to the att store and ordered a 32gb space gray 5S.

Hahaha funny! Because I just switched to att I got the HTC One as well... Was doing well until android 4.3 came out and updated. Worse bugs ever. So I returned and payed the extra money for a grey/white 5s as well. Never had an iPhone but I'm tired of messy OS like Android and I wanted something reliable and beautiful like an iPhone. Now waiting for my little toy and can't wait anymore! Ordered on Monday and they said 3-5 days for the 32gb model (not gold though, that one was 28-42 days or something like that in ANY version ughh) so I was confident that maybe I could have it by Friday so I didn't have to use a 2002 flip phone brick all week, but the order shipped on WEDNESDAY! I almost ripped my hair off... Now expected day of delivery is Monday the 21st. I. CAN'T. WAIT.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2