So where's the 5-inch iPhone?: Via iMore Blog

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So where's the 5-inch iPhone?

So it is obvious to me that Rene Richie took his time and a good amount of research on what he put into this article and after reading the entire article I was quite impressed at how he broke down 6-7 sub articles in one on what all this means by just simply why or why not Apple is or is not going to make a new iPhone to be announced Sept. 10th in terms of screen size. I think we all pretty well know what the phone itself will include other than the new iOS 7. Either way this a must read IMO so jump on over and form your own opinion and leave your own comments on what you think.

So where's the 5-inch iPhone? | iMore

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Good read.

I'm sure there is a bigger iPhone floating around in some lab. I'm sure at some point they will bridge the gap between 4 inches on the iPhone 5s and the 7.9 inch iPad Mini.

When this will be, is anyone's guess. But I can tell you this, if it's not with the 2014 iPhone, people are going to flip. No one is expecting a bigger iPhone this year (no leaks to go on). But I think that by next year, people will expect the option of a bigger iPhone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion the current screen size of the iPhone 5 is fine. I view most web content in landscape mode anyway. IF the iPhone does end up with a larger screen it won't happen till next year at the earliest....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe the same as Rose but it will be interesting to see. I just see a new processor and a few more Hardware tweaks of course with the new OS.. Maybe next year on a bigger phone although the blog as a good article the the Apple board is pushing Tim Cook to develop products at a faster rate so it is going to be an interesting Sept. 10th.:)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It is a good article with many well thought out responses making the case for the current and larger screen sizes.

Having used the Galaxy S3, and Note 2, iPhone 5, and now back to the 4S - I think the optimal screen size is somewhere in the 4-5" range. My last phone was the Note 2, so I'm struggling somewhat adjusting back to the smaller screen given aging eyes.

But, I'm holding out for the 5S as in my view the ecosystem, product quality, longevity, and support are overall great.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind keeping the same and next year releasing a larger one I would also like for them to get on w schedule of a spring and fall iPhone release I'm just saying

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 4

Padron26

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Bigger is sometimes better, being a male it fits my hands perfectly, even with single hand use. Going to a larger screen will have to take some getting use to.
If your a female or minor it would make it even harder, on the other hand millions use androids with large screens.

I'm comfortable with the size now

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
When iphone finally does a bigger screen I might come back,,,,,, been doing the Galaxy thing ever since I jumped the Apple ship (main reason was I wanted a bigger than 4" display) the 5" display on the GS4 is amazing to say the least for everything from texting to web browsing to watching YouTube video's.

When I play with friends iPhones these days I'm just stunned at how small the 4" screen is now,,,,, I love my iPads (and the Android tablets I have),,,,,,, but when it comes to a phone Apple really needs to offer more than a one size fits all.

I'll keep hoping for a 4.5 to 5" screen size,,,,,,,, someday it might happen,,,, but until then I will stick with Android.

Cheers
Davyo

CSI Guy

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Some of us want a bigger screen because we are visually challenged. AKA we are older and cant see the small screens anymore.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd love a bigger iPhone. There are moments where a bigger iPhone would be better than an iPad. I think it would be great to have two premium phones in the lineup. One 4" (current) size and a 5" size. That way users who want the smaller screen could still have a premium device in a size they can hold.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd love a bigger iPhone. There are moments where a bigger iPhone would be better than an iPad. I think it would be great to have two premium phones in the lineup. One 4" (current) size and a 5" size. That way users who want the smaller screen could still have a premium device in a size they can hold.

I'm one that really likes the size of my iPhone 5, it just works for me and I wear glasses. But I also believe there's nothing wrong with choice.

yodaxl7

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I think 4 inches is ok. I want a few things by 2014. I want 4k resolution, closer to 5 inch screen and i-wallet!! I want my iPhone to be pro-gamer that you can play ps4 quality games on it like you can on ps Vita.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So where's the 5-inch iPhone? It's probably in the "if-push-comes-to-shove, we'll-make-one" file cabinet.....:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just to retort to those saying it needs to be bigger because of the sight impaired...my dad can't see for sh*t, but uses his iPhone and iPad perfectly with no complaints about the size of things on the screen (including texts)...in fact, after moving to the iPhone, he text messages SO much more than he did before.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77