What should the screen size be of the next iPhone?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be nice if apple offered different screen sizes for the iPhone. Like they do with all their other products. It would be nice to have a 5" iPhone. Clearly that isn't for everyone, which is why it would be great if apple made the iPhone in various sizes.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm in the 4" is perfect camp.

I use my devices one handed all the time. I'd like to think I'm an average guy with average hands. My GS2 was a stretch, my GS3 is a pain. I love the phone, dont get me wrong, but it gets dropped frequently.

When I went shopping for a new device for my business line, I was certain it was going to be the Note 2. I had a 4s on it, until 4 months ago when I had to swap to my old BB Bold to be allowed on the corp network for a contract I was on (daughter got the 4s).

When I got to the store, I started playing with phones, and left with the 5. Ive always been an iOS fan. I forgot how nice it was to use a phone that fit in my hand.

To each their own, but it works perfect for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The next one? It'll be the same. 5S and all. It gets interesting with iphone 6 for next year though as I see Apple going with 5" for a (not a pro) bigger branding. Whether it's iphone 6X, or whatever they decide to call it, I think they'll also keep a 4" iphone 6.

Cook referred to not doing one as having compromises. But he'll knock that down when he talks about how they're finally capable of maintaining (or surpassing) retina standards by doubling the resolution yet again for the 5" version. I'd also expect them to charge a higher premium for it.

There's no doubt in my mind this is on their roadmap. Moving to a 16:9 4" form factor was just the first step. The iphone continues to be the most important product for Apple. This is what you concentrate on for higher margins to counter the ipad mini. So whether you think 4" or 5" is the best, it won't matter. You'll have a choice.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think 4.5 could work, but they need to make it wider not just longer. it doesn't have to be huge I mean they could even make it 4.4, because we all know apple likes to be different. Even the current size would not have been bad had they made it wider and not just longer.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
For me the max should be 4.3 with slightly smaller bezels. But the question is how would apple deal with the resolution without making it more of a headache for devs

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Apple could definitely reduce the bezel size to increase screen size, while keeping the case the same size. That keeps the same look and feel of the phone while offering a screen size increase.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
4.5 and I think apple should not go any bigger if they do might as well call it a tablet I already think the galaxy is to big for my comfort.. It maybe not to big for others but why do people want really big phones

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is going to be 5.3" they will say we had a 3.5 and this is a 5.3" are you getting that? lol naw I'm just playing I don't really have a thought but this thread is very cool and love all the reasoning in it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2