How is IOS 8 running on iPhone5?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
How is IOS8 running on your iPhone5? Any lag? Any issues? Performance? Are you glad you updated to IOS8?

Thanks

No issues at all on mine. I'm running my 5S back-to-back with my 6 and yes of course it is slower than the 6 but only by the barest margin. Handoff/Continuity seems to be working fine between the two and my iPad now too.

No glitches or slow-downs on my 5S at all.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Gonna update my girlfriends i5 tomorrow I'm not expecting any lags from what I read so far

iOS 8 is a solid update and with the quick 3rd party app updates you will have no issues so update your device with confidence

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'm currently JB and I'm deciding to take the plunge and update to IOS8. Alot of the JB features are available in IOS8.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my I5 yesterday and it works great. No lag or frez or any other issues. Today I did a reset just to get rid of old stuff and start clean. No battery problem (yet anyway)

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
After installing it, I had 39 app crashes, most of which were behind-the-scenes items. But Safari would crash on me almost any time I tried to open a link from the Facebook web site, the Music app crashed a few times when what it apparently forgot what the last thing I was listening to was when I restarted the app after closing it down.

And iOS8 appears to be about a gigabyte larger - I have a 16GB iPhone 5, and it went from a smidge more than 13GB available to the user to about 12.

BSUNesto

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Updated two days ago, everything is running smooth. Battery is terrible. I pulled my phone off the charger @ 9:30, its now 12:30 and I have 9 percent. I already did the battery swap through Apple earlier this year. Gonna have to do some digging around, but I haven't changed anything since iOS 7.

Nerd

RicHerdez

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I cleaned up my ip5 before updating and then took the plunge. Needless to say i have been less than ecstatic about the laginess and phone resetting every few hours. Only a few apps crash ie Facebook Safari and flipboard. But at least I get my ip6 on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine is running okay, but battery is horrible. My battery was already pretty bad with iOS 7 and the update just made it worse. I don't feel like shelling out money for a new battery since I'm close to my upgrade anyway. I get maybe 4 hours of usage if I'm lucky.

Switching between keyboards (I have three, English, Emoji, and Korean) is kind of laggy and doesn't always register so I have to hit the globe key several times. Third party keyboards are also especially laggy for me, but that's probably an app issue and not the phone or iOS.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Strange that my girlfriends i5 has less bugs than my i5s both running iOS 8 I'm on 8.0.2 but she doesn't run many apps just games and text and a budget app

jason_mabry

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Update is running super smooth. I noticed that my battery life was super unstable at first, but I restarted it a couple of time and ran it as normal for a couple of days and it seemed to work everything out. I would say that my battery life is a little worse than IOS 7.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77