Why am I no longer able to send Calendar invites with Yahoo & Google accounts?

mykalgrant

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I can no longer invite others to calendar events that I add to my calendar. I have an iPhone 5 with the latest update. I am using a Yahoo email account and a Gmail account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why am I no longer able to send Calendar invites with Yahoo & Google accounts?

I can no longer invite others to calendar events that I add to my calendar. I have an iPhone 5 with the latest update. I am using a Yahoo email account and a Gmail account.
They should at least be receiving the invites via email. Can you verify that with one or more of your recipients?

mykalgrant

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why am I no longer able to send Calendar invites with Yahoo & Google accounts?

No they are not. The option to add people, is not even visible.

mykalgrant

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

It appears it has something to do with having the account as a yahoo account. Could it be linked to having that account as an iCloud account?

mykalgrant

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I spent over an hour testing this with Apple. Thank you Apple for testing with me. After adding and deleting the yahoo account multiple times, the App,e tech added the account to her device. She could not invite others either. She escalated the issue and we were both told, "the yahoo calendar configuration is not a fully supported functionality. So, it appears this will not work for the near future. I have to use gmail if I want to invite others to calendar events.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2