What rugged case should I choose

tedbearclaw

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking into getting a new case. I can't decide if I should go with lifeproof again. Has anyone used the incipio atlas or the new otterbox preserver? Obviously I want to stay waterproof due to my lifestyle. The atlas is looking like a nice alternative.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend the case that YOU will be most comfortable using. You mentioned that the Atlas is looking like a nice alternative, well, go for it. Buy it and see for yourself.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have heard good things about the LP. I'm going to pick up the new OB this week or next whenever I get over to the store.

I have a few FRE's and love them.

I had the first Atlas and hated it. The sound was the worst of any case I had ever used. For me I would never waste my money again.

tedbearclaw

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have heard good things about the LP. I'm going to pick up the new OB this week or next whenever I get over to the store.

I have a few FRE's and love them.

I had the first Atlas and hated it. The sound was the worst of any case I had ever used. For me I would never waste my money again.

Let me know what you think about the ob. Yes I had lifeproof for my 4 great case. Just wondering my different options

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm satisfied with Otterbox. Chose the commuter I'm not one to use belt/pocket clip. Feels good in hand and still easily slides in/out pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox Armour if you want rugged.. I personally wouldn't be caught dead with that on my phone

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Look at the new life proof nuud. I love this thing and I didn't really care for the original lifeproof. The otter box armor was half off the other day on their website though.

tedbearclaw

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I went with the regular lifeproof need the screen protector with the work I do. If it wasn't covered my screen would be destroyed within days. Learned that the hard way with previous phones.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Just switched to the otterbox defender for my 5s. I use my phone a lot and nobody could really hear me with the nuud. So that's gonna be my fishing and any time I'm around water case. The otterbox is gonna be my daily driver

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I love my spigen tough armor case. Slimmer than a commuter but I feel just as protective.

How is the weight of the Spigen? I don't even mind the bulk of the commuter so much as I just can't stand how heavy it is. Been thinking about picking up a tough armor if it was lighter.

Edited to reflect topic.

I have a Defender, Commuter and a Lifeproof Fre. I'm not a huge fan of the screen protector of the Fre but, I don't find it really hinders use in any way either. Given the level of protection vs size and weight this case is the best I've used to date. I would definitely recommend Lifeprood although it's certainly not for everyone as it does come with more compromises than your average protective case.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
How is the weight of the Spigen? I don't even mind the bulk of the commuter so much as I just can't stand how heavy it is. Been thinking about picking up a tough armor if it was lighter.

Feels about the same. I just didn't like the huge lip around the screen with the commuter.

The only real complaint I have with the tough armor is the back plate tends to scratch easy. Otherwise, I think I'm finally settled on a case that's sleek but protective.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I went with the regular lifeproof need the screen protector with the work I do. If it wasn't covered my screen would be destroyed within days. Learned that the hard way with previous phones.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
And you won't have to use your clean to clean the screen...lol If you did not read the thread about the guy that asked about cleaning his screen with his hand and if it was ok, You would not understand, If you are happy then that is all that counts.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Feels about the same. I just didn't like the huge lip around the screen with the commuter.

The only real complaint I have with the tough armor is the back plate tends to scratch easy. Otherwise, I think I'm finally settled on a case that's sleek but protective.

I also have the Spigen Tough Armor and it may be the best case I have ever had. The leather Apple case was really nice and I thought that one was going to be a keeper, but the tough armor case bests it. I have the white one, so I don't really see any scratches on the back plate.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

AppleFaniOS

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Would recommend OtterBox Preserver. OtterBox bought out LifeProof a while back, the two companies still coexist, however with the preserver, you get the build quality of OtterBox and the waterproof abilities of LifeProof. As for the size of the case, I'd say it's in between the size of the LifeProof Fre and OtterBox Defender, so it's bulky but thinner than the other popular OtterBox products, such as the Defender or Armor series.

When in doubt throttle it out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2