imessages stops working over wifi only after a few days

billray64

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My daughter has a iphone 5, I have a iphone 4, my daughters phone stops sending imessages after a day or so with wifi only, as soon as she gets 3g signal imessages start to work again. My phone sends imessages all the time with wifi only, same router that my daughter is on. Is there a setting or something I've missed on her phone? Has anyone else had this problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are several things she can try:

1. Turn off her iPhone, wait 30 seconds and then turn it back on.
2. Log out of iMessages and then log back in.
3. Go to Setting->General->Reset and then scroll down and select "Reset Network Settings".

One of the mentioned three should suffice.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My daughter has a iphone 5, I have a iphone 4, my daughters phone stops sending imessages after a day or so with wifi only, as soon as she gets 3g signal imessages start to work again. My phone sends imessages all the time with wifi only, same router that my daughter is on. Is there a setting or something I've missed on her phone? Has anyone else had this problem?

I would try the reset network settings first if non of those things mentioned work make sure she is on the latest software or maybe try a restore and setup as new as maybe it's a software glitch if all else fails take it to apple and have it swapped for a hardware issue

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !