Visit site
Further work done:

2kia.jpg

ve2y9y4y.jpg

-------------------------------

Final result:

View attachment 34844

--------------------------------------

I was bored this weekend while being sick so I decided to pimp my iPhone 5!

Basically what I did was to polish with very fine sandpaper (2000) on the areas I wanted some shine. Took me about three hours. I have done some small details such polish the edges of the button. Two small thin lines on the upper side and totally chrome up down on the top and the while backside edges. I think I like what I have done!

jb5w.jpg

39cj.jpg

az16.jpg

Last edited:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pimped my iPhone!

I think that looks slick! Very nice. I don't feel I have the talent to do that, but if I did, I might try that myself. Especially since I have chipping on the areas you sanded (where a case was not protecting my device).

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

I think that looks slick! Very nice. I don't feel I have the talent to do that, but if I did, I might try that myself. Especially since I have chipping on the areas you sanded (where a case was not protecting my device).

Thanks. I had no chipping as the phone is a month old but could not resist doing this. As long as you have patience and are careful I think most people could do it! I guess it's a great way to renew it if the edges are damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I like the silver look around the bezel, but the sanding around the buttons makes it look very worn and weathered in my opinion. Either way it looks very time consuming. Very nice!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Looks really cool, but the thought of taking sand paper to my phone, gives me the chill's.

amazingapple

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

Basically what I did was to polish with very fine sandpaper (2000) on the areas I wanted some shine. Took me about three hours. I have done some small details such polish the edges of the button. Two small thin lines on the upper side and totally chrome up down on the top and the while backside edges. I think I like what I have done!

View attachment 34776

View attachment 34777

View attachment 34778

That looks truly amazing

amazingapple

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 34776

View attachment 34777

View attachment 34778

That looks so cool

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

I like the silver look around the bezel, but the sanding around the buttons makes it look very worn and weathered in my opinion. Either way it looks very time consuming. Very nice!

You made me think and I agree. Therefore I have polished the flat sides of the buttons too so they are chrome now. Actually looks better. Will update with pics when I get home from work.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Sent from my pimped iPhone

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site

Reminds me of the old "sugar cube" trick people used to use back in the Blackberry days to remove the carrier branding.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone! It's really not that hard. You just have to be very careful and have patience and not let yourself rush anything even though it might be tempting at times. Just take a break instead. Took me about 4 hours active time to get it like this. The worst part is when it is half finished, in the middle of the process of polishing of the paint. A few times I thought to myself I've ruined the phone but you just need to stay calm and wait till it's finished and polish with very fine sandpaper.

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone! It's really not that hard. You just have to be very careful and have patience and not let yourself rush anything even though it might be tempting at times. Just take a break instead. Took me about 4 hours active time to get it like this. The worst part is when it is half finished, in the middle of the process of polishing of the paint. A few times I thought to myself I've ruined the phone but you just need to stay calm and wait till it's finished and polish with very fine sandpaper.

Did you wet sand at all, or was it all with dry paper?

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
It looks really sharp! I would be tempted to do this someday, maybe when the warranty is up, because I am assuming Apple will no longer honor the warranty since physical alterations were done, or to them physical damage?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2