WIFI get disconnected, When off display

kusalanupama

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
after turning off the display of my iPhone and after keeping it aside for 10 or 15 minutes if automatically turn off the WIFI. when i turn on the display then it again shows after like 2 or 3 seconds, then only delivers my messages and mail.
please help, what should i do.
im on iOS 6.1.4

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting your iPhone? If not, give it a try. You can also try going to Settings-General-Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings". Let us know if either helped or not. In the meantime, have a great weekend....:)

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, this is normal behavior. Happens to me as well. WiFi "sleeps" when the screen shuts off, with an exception being made for when it's plugged in.

after turning off the display of my iPhone and after keeping it aside for 10 or 15 minutes if automatically turn off the WIFI. when i turn on the display then it again shows after like 2 or 3 seconds, then only delivers my messages and mail.
please help, what should i do.
im on iOS 6.1.4

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm missing something here. The OP is stating that he or she is not receiving any messages or emails (I assume he or she is referring to notifications) until after he or she wakes the device when connected to Wi-Fi. If that's the case, that shouldn't be occurring.

kusalanupama

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
i mean on whatsapp, after a while the message is sent by my friend i get the it when i turn on the display. which i really need to reply back as soon as he message me. :(

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I was talking about the wifi turning off--that is normal. As for why your messages are getting delayed, perhaps your network 3G is a little spotty.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
okay then if its a normal thing canno help it right.
thanks for everyone for your support

It is normal for your Wi-Fi to disengage, but it is not normal for you to not receive text messages and email messages during that time.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Where I used to live we got 1-2 bars, and that was with an external antenna. We missed calls, had crappy battery life, all due to the lack of reception. The wifi was the only thing that worked. Now I live in perfect reception and don't have the problems I used to, which is what I think could be happening to the OP.

Vvreddy

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Seems issue with device or s/w.when playing some video from YouTube for long time (without touching or pressing any button on iPhone ) in full screen mode sometimes it using 4g data even wifi is available..so it unnecessarily wasting my data plan..hope there will be some fix for this ..