• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Clock on lock screen?

gonzotwins

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I read an article today in which the author, in passing, mentioned that he loves the "large transparent digital clock on the lock screen." I have looked and scoured and cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a clock on the lock screen. Can anyone help? I am not jail broken. And I checked the forums before posting this but could not find anything. I suspect that it is not possible to do this, but I turn to you, my fellow fanatics, to see if there is a way! Thanks for the assist.

Doug:cool:

gonzotwins

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, in looking at the lock screen again, I get the feeling that the author of that post was not referring to anything different than the digital numbers that we all have on the lock screen. I had hoped that there was a way to perhaps put a round clock, or something different, in the lock screen, but the more I think about it, the more I think he was just referring to the clock we already have. Guess I answered myself on this one!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you jailbreak your iPhone you can have an analog clock on your lock screen in place of the basic numbers...outside of that, no, there is no way to change it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To go along with what Sean just said about jailbreaking... Also if i am not mistaken there was a clock app on the Blog yesterday that was pretty cool which was an app in iTunes for $2.99. You might need to go back a few pages in the blog to find it bit is was analog with no jailbreak.

This is the link and it is $1.99 in the app store.

Wake Alarm review: Slap around -- and flip off -- your iPhone for a better night's sleep | iMore.com

Does this app appear on the lock screen when the phone is asleep? I guess i was a little confused by the description, as it seems that it just stays open and running...or maybe i just didn't read it carefully enough. Seems like a pretty cool app if it actually took the place of the lock screen though when the phone was asleep.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedro3000