After market battery

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there any option to replace the internal battery with a bigger one I've done some google searches and can only find battery cases and external battery packs.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The internal battery on an iPhone can only be replaced by one that's identical in size... there may be a point where they can cram more mAh capacity in the same space... but as of now, you should only use OEM spec'ed replacement parts. And this is why the external battery accessories are made...

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have but Im a rugged dude and I do a ton of out doors stuff. I currently have my phone in an Atlas case by Incipio. Honestly upgrading the battery internally wouldnt be a challenge I work on Aircraft electronics and repair those. two screws and a battery would be no big deal for me... I don't really want to compromise the iphone by getting a non dust proof water proof case for it. When Mobie makes a battery case like that I'll pick it up lol The otterbox is not dustproof which is why I didnt get it.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps you should buy a few OEM batteries and pack a small puch with the 2 tools needed and 2-3 batteries. This way if your out in the wilderness and need a battery you can swap it in 5-10 minutes. Its not the most ideal, but it suits your needs.