Iphone5 Glitchy keyboard when asking for AppleID

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyones experienced this?

I am having a wierd issue with the black semitransparent keyboard whenever the iphone asks for my AppleID. Its the keyboard that shows up when AppStore asks for your PW when installing apps, not the normal gray one when you write an email.

Iphone5 keyboard problem only on black Appstore Keyboard. - YouTube

I tried to take a screenshot of it, but it doesnt show up, so i think its a hardware issue?? Its the lines top and 2nd row of keys it seems to be worse on the left side.

Problem is thats its very intermittent... as you can see in the video its doing the wierd line thing, but when i cancel and relogin the problem stops.

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that would be an hardware issue

Reason I suspected a hardware issue is because if it was software a screenshot would capture the glitch. My attempts to SS it always result in a unglitched picture.

Hummm I wonder if its an iOS6 issue...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Reason I suspected a hardware issue is because if it was software a screenshot would capture the glitch. My attempts to SS it always result in a unglitched picture.

It's certainly NOT a show-stopper. I had to watch the video 3 or 4 times to even see what you were talking about... it's an extremely minor annoyance, at best.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I see what your saying. But as soon as you hit home button it goes away (as in you're "refreshing")

---------- Post Merged at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:15 PM ----------

It's certainly NOT a show-stopper. I had to watch the video 3 or 4 times to even see what you were talking about... it's an extremely minor annoyance, at best.

Is hard to see from the video. Is pretty annoying to see something like that from a brand new phone. Is pretty noticeable.

ajl06808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It happens to me every once in a while. As other users have said, it seems to he an iOS 6 issue, not the iPhone 5.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
My co-worker has experienced it a lot. I was unable to reproduce it until the other day, I've now seen it once on my iPhone 5.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's happened to me a lot. I haven't noticed it in about a week. I don't think it's going to be a big deal.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It clearly appears to be a software issue... perhaps aggravated/mitigated by the color of the background under the keyboard (which varies by app in the app store)... hopefully it's something that Apple can isolate and correct in a bug-fix release.

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Its not a show-stopper, but I think its something that needs to be addressed... Now that I know its not just me, then I have hopes that it will get resolved eventually.\
It was not something easy to capture, and it happens infrequently, the video i took I would call moderate, as I've seen it much worse spanning from one side of the keyboard to the other.

INDROIDWETRUST

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Apple is aware of this glitch issue with lines across the keyboard. It will be addressed in the next software update by the end of this year :)

- - - Updated - - -

Apple is aware of this glitch issue with lines across the keyboard. It will be addressed in the next software update by the end of this year :)

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with an iPhone five 6.1.3 seeing a purple keyboard when entering iTunes password?ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1365048937.180396.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1365048947.976252.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1365048994.864558.jpg

The $ sign on the numbers page and the entire symbols page are normal though. I haven't seen anything about this glitch anywhere though. The girlfriends phone shows this on every iTunes purchase. Can anyone reproduce it?